Patient Access Representative - General Surgery - #100006
Date: 04/19/2022 15:30 PM
City: Danville, Pennsylvania
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Job SummaryResponsible for front line support to the department. Coordinates and performs front line office activities in an effective and efficient manner for the department. Greets and registers incoming patients, supports the patient check out process and schedules future appointments as applicable
- Responsible for checking patients in for appointments and accurately verifying demographics.
- Assures all check-in procedures are completed and monitors patient wait times, communicating changes to the patient as necessary.
- Reads and interprets insurance responses.
- Understands general guidelines and insurance rank requirement to properly assign primary, secondary, and tertiary insurance per encounter.
- Ensures patient receives necessary disclosure and privacy information, obtains necessary legal and financial signatures.
- Communicates financial obligations to patients and collects fees at time of service as appropriate.
- Communicates the purpose of and completes all necessary regulatory forms with patient.
- Completes patient's visit by scheduling any necessary follow up appointments to include any specialty or ancillary services as possible.
- Processes multi-channel messages related to patient and/or physician requests regarding: appointments, referrals, prescriptions, and complaints.
- Notifies patient or guarantor of anticipated financial responsibility including copays, deductibles, or coinsurances and collects accordingly.
- Performs cash posting following department guidelines.
- Abides by organizational and HIPAA guidelines, privacy practices, patient confidentiality and patient rights.
- Must maintain high regard for confidentiality.
- Accurately performs medical record maintenance and releases.
- Assists with referrals and pre-certifications, at the time of encounter.
- Properly utilizes and maintains patient recall and reschedule lists.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
We’re proud to offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, prescription drug, vision and dental coverage
- Family Support (Fertility and Adoption Support)
- Employer contribution to your retirement plan
- Tuition assistance (part time and full time roles only)
- Generous paid time off packages that allows you to take the time you need to travel, rest, and care for and reconnect with friends and family.
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated and experienced nursing leaders
- Paid Military Leave
- Community Involvement through our Employee Resources Groups
High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.