Optometric Assistant- Farmington Hills- Part Time - #100010
Henry Ford Health System
Date: 04/19/2022 16:00 PM
City: Farmington Hills, Michigan
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Responsible for assisting the doctor with providing thorough comprehensive visual exams, medical exams, office visits, in-office minor medical procedures, and contact lens follow-ups by performing preliminary testing, electronic medical record entries, contact lens classes, support duties, and post exam follow-up.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform visual preliminary testing to include: auto refraction, inner-ocular pressure, neutralizing prescription eyewear, blood pressure, visual acuity, motility testing, pupil assessment, confrontation fields, anterior chamber angle assessment, dilation, but not limited to these skill sets.
- Documentation recorded into the electronic medical record: Preliminary testing entries and patient chief complaint, medical history, medications, and social history, previous/current contact lens and eyewear prescriptions, but not limited to these entries.
- Escort patient throughout the exam process and transfer authority to appropriate department: Eyewear Consultant, Dispenser, or Customer Service Representative Educate patients on contact lens handling, wearing schedule, care and importance of owning prescription glasses.
- Accurately performs, follows, and adheres to the scheduling guidelines and to the allotted time given to perform preliminary testing and electronic medical record entries for each scheduled appointment. Interpret a doctor’s prescription and suggest products and enhancements to address specific prescription requirements
- Responsible for completing department training program and all necessary educational requirements to perform job responsibilities
- Answer and address customer concerns and questions. Direct customer to the appropriate source when unable to address customer questions. Handle multiple customers effectively with tact and a sense of urgency.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Requires a High school diploma or GED.
- Requires basic math skills.
- Previous customer service or optometric tech experience preferred.
- Computer and/or electronic medical records knowledge preferred.
- Retail and/or hospitality and/or customer service experience preferred.
- Works in retail optical environment.
- Must attend monthly staff meetings, before hours, to promote and build effective teams to insure everyone is committed to corporate goals.
- Requires evening and weekend hours.
- Must be able to walk, stand and bend for extended periods of time.
Under the leadership of President and CEO Wright L. Lassiter, III, Henry Ford Health is a
$6 billion integrated health system comprised of six hospitals, a health plan, and 250+ sites
including medical centers, walk-in and urgent care clinics, pharmacy, eye care facilities and
other healthcare retail. Established in 1915 by auto industry pioneer Henry Ford, the health system
now has 32,000 employees and remains home to the 1,900-member Henry Ford Medical Group, one
of the nation’s oldest physician groups. An additional 2,200 physicians are also affiliated with the
health system through the Henry Ford Physician Network. Henry Ford is also one of the region’s
major academic medical centers, receiving between $90-$100 million in annual research funding and
remaining Michigan’s fourth largest NIH-funded institution. Also an active participant in medical
education and training, the health system has trained nearly 40% of physicians currently practicing
in the state and also provides education and training for other health professionals including nurses,
pharmacists, radiology and respiratory technicians. visit HenryFord.com.
Whether it's offering a new medical option, helping you make healthier lifestyle choices or
making the employee enrollment selection experience easier, it's all about choice. Henry
Ford Health has a new approach for its employee benefits program - My Choice
Rewards. My Choice Rewards is a program as diverse as the people it serves. There are
dozens of options for all of our employees including compensation, benefits, work/life balance
and learning - options that enhance your career and add value to your personal life. As an
employee you are provided access to Retirement Programs, an Employee Assistance Program
(Henry Ford Enhanced), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Employee Health and Wellness, and a whole host of other benefits and services. Employee's classified as contingent status are not eligible for benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Henry Ford Health is
committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to
race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, size, height,
weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information,
or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.