Pre-K Paraprofessional - NCCA - #100011
Newton County School System
Date: 04/19/2022 16:00 PM
City: Covington, Georgia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Instructional Paraprofessional shall report directly to the principal; however, the paraprofessional is under the daily supervision of their assigned teacher/s. The Instructional Paraprofessional must be able to perform tasks involving light/moderate lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling and must be able to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time. Vision, hearing and verbal communication are essential factors in performing required tasks, duties, and responsibilities.
- Associate’s Degree or two years (60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours) of college or successful completion of the Georgia Paraprofessional Assessment Certification Test.
- Valid Paraprofessional Certificate.
- Be able to work well with adults and students, and possess good communication skills.
- Be well organized and have good time management skills.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Work with individual and/or small groups of students to provide intervention or enrichment activities assigned by the teacher.
- Assist the teacher in implementing special strategies for reinforcing material or skills based the needs of individual students.
- Assist the teacher in implementing and documenting special strategies to address behavioral needs of individual students.
- Assist with the supervision of students.
- Alert the teacher to any problem or special information about students.
- Serve as the chief source of information and help to any substitute teacher assigned in the absence of the regular teacher.
- Assist in accurately reviewing student responses on assignments without assigning or recording grades.
- Assist the teacher in performing necessary clerical tasks.
- Assist with the preparation of materials for instruction, including, for example, the creation of learning centers and manipulative, the copying/duplicating of materials, and the construction of display/bulletin boards.
- Assist in the ordering and inventory of classroom equipment and materials.
- Participate in training workshops as required by the school system.
- Maintain confidentiality of all school information concerning students, staff and school business.
- Attend faculty meetings and other meetings as required.
- Maintain paraprofessional license as required by the Professional Standards Commission.
- Demonstrate positive working relationships with others.
- Be physically able to perform tasks involving light to heavy lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling and must be able to walk and/or stand a minimum of six (6) hours with breaks.
- Assist with classroom housekeeping.
- Assist with various school-wide duty assignments, to include car rider, bus or lunchroom duty.
- Reports to work regularly and promptly.
- Perform other such duties as may be required by the Principal.
Click to View Salary Schedule: Classified Schedule
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.