SCHEDULING SPECIALIST LEAD - #100016
Summit Pacific Medical Center
Date: 04/19/2022 16:00 PM
City: Cosmopolis, Washington
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Scheduling Lead is a functional expert for all aspects of registration and scheduling and serves as a resource to other staff for procedural and technical issues, workflow concerns, and scheduling/work assignments. Responsible for promptly and graciously greeting patients as they arrive and provides patient-centered care by providing excellent customer service.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a functional expert for all aspects of registration and scheduling across the district. Researches and analyzes alternatives for improving workflows. Develops “best practice” recommendations by partnering with other team members in examining data and identifying trends.
- Coordinates and maintains the Patient Access staff schedule. This includes drafting the monthly schedule, addressing scheduling requests and changes, ensuring staff work to their assigned full time equivalent status, and reassigning tasks and assignments based on volumes and needs of the respective departments to ensure customer service and workflow needs are met.
- Assists in developing and delivering initial and ongoing training for registrars in all areas of patient access. Coordinates orientation of new team members. Identifies training opportunities by auditing and screening registration workflows and reviewing reports. Provides feedback to the scheduling supervisor regarding individual employee performance.
- Develops and implements initial and ongoing training for schedulers. Ensures new team members are effectively oriented; monitors performance and identifies training opportunities.
- Responds to patient inquiries and requests and completes timely and accurate patient intake while ensuring the patient’s comfort, dignity, safety, and confidentiality at all times.
- Answers all incoming phones calls to Summit Pacific in a timely, professional, and calm manner.
- Operates a multi-line telephone system; routes and transfers calls and responds to general inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Accurately and efficiently schedules patients using the district’s software system(s), using established guidelines and protocols.
- Registers and ensure patient’s demographics and insurance has been verified and that pre-authorization, if necessary, has been obtained and documented in the appropriate systems prior to the patient being discharged.
- Performs daily collection of co-payments and generates patient receipts. Maintains the accuracy of the payments; prepares and submits payment collections and related documentation.
- Researches and analyzes alternatives for improving workflows. Develops “best practice” recommendations by partnering with other team members in examining data and identifying trends.
- Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Consistently demonstrates SPMC values and provides all patients/customers with an excellent service experience.
- Maintains a clean, organized, and professional work environment.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Essential Job Function
Staff Member Leadership Responsibilities
- Adapts to changes in the work environment: Supports and promotes change, helps others understand and adapt.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships; creates trust and credibility.
- Creates positive experiences for patients, customers, and co-workers: Serves as a role model, trainer, and guide for exceptional service and service recovery.
- Demonstrates ongoing learning & development: Pursues opportunities to increase mastery of assigned functions/tasks and develop new skills. Trains and guides others.
- Exhibits effective work skills: Demonstrates initiative; successfully performs advanced job duties. Effectively assigns, monitors, and adjusts work assignments of others to ensure the quality/accuracy, quantity, and timeliness of results.
- Facilitates Teamwork: Actively engages in team activities. Guides and influences staff to work together, support each other, and leverage the strengths of the team.
- Fosters an environment of trust: Role models integrity by consistently doing the right thing. Listens and “manages up” (aka represents others in a positive way).
- Supports SP mission, vision, and values: Leads team members in developing, organizing, and executing tactics that result in successful completion of strategies.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support the Summit Pacific Medical Center mission, vision and values; comply with SPMC policies and procedures; and conduct themselves in an ethical, professional, respectful, and collaborative manner at all times.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three years of registration and or scheduling experience required; lead or supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
Required licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of the patient access/registration/scheduling work environment, workflows, and tasks.
- Strong organizational skills: ability to prioritize, and reprioritize, work as needed to meet objectives.
- Ability to develop and maintain proficiency with insurance verification processes via multiple online and telephone insurance registry systems.
- Professional and effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to identify and employ communication strategies appropriate to the audience. Grammar and punctuation skills as needed to compose professional documents.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced setting while providing timely and exceptional customer service, demonstrating a consistently positive and professional demeanor, and maintaining accurate records.
- Proficient in the use of current technology and software, including intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook) as well as copiers, scanners, multi-line telephones, credit card machines and faxes.
- Basic mathematics skills and knowledge of payment processing functions.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion. Ability to develop and maintain accurate documentation and records.
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills. Strong customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to maintain composure and interact calmly and professionally with co-workers, providers, patients and visitors in a fast-paced, high-stress environment.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing workloads, locations, and/or task assignments.
- Ability to work independently using good judgment, problem-solving, organization, and prioritization skills to complete assignments in a timely, accurate, and effective manner.
Never = 0% of time
Seldom = 1-10%
Occasional = 10-30%
Frequent = 30-70%
Constant = over 70%
Lifting <10 lbs
Lifting 10-35 lbs
Lifting >35 lbs
Carrying <10 lbs
Carrying 10-35 lbs
Carrying >35 lbs
Pushing/Pulling 0-35 lbs
Exposure to BBP
Within normal range with or without corrective devices
Within normal range with or without corrective devices.
Within normal range with or without corrective devices.
Location: Summit Pacific Medical Center · SPM SPWC CLINIC
Schedule: Full Time
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.