Director of Nursing Services - #100044
Date: 04/19/2022 17:00 PM
City: Silverdale, Washington
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Director of Nursing Services helps create a joyful and vibrant community by coordinating and overseeing health and supportive services provided to residents. Responsible for the day-to-day clinical operations of the community to ensure residents’ healthcare needs are met. Provides training, supervision, and monitoring of the nursing team in the administration of direct care within the community. Performs ongoing assessment/observation of residents’ physical and psycho-social needs and coordinates with other department to assure quality and proactive care. Interacts directly with employees, residents, resident family members, vendors and professional contacts within the community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Fosters a non-clinical, resident-centered approach to the planning and delivery of services to residents, supporting residents’ rights to participate in decision-making and treating residents with dignity and respect
- Assists with Quality Assurance in collaboration with the Executive Director
- Assesses health, functional and psychosocial status of residents, initiating individualized service plans, proactively managing care and services for each resident, and maximizing the resident’s opportunity to remain in the assisted living or memory care environment
- Ensures that residents’ care needs are met by coordinating with other community professionals, including physicians, discharge planners, nurses, home health agency staff, case managers, and state agency personnel. Arranges ancillary services, such as pharmacy, podiatry, lab, and x-ray as needed. Provides or arranges intermittent or temporary nursing services for the residents
- Delegates nursing tasks as allowed under applicable nursing laws and practice acts, communicating regularly with residents, their families, and their health care practitioners
- Seeks out additional expertise and advice when needed to assure residents’ needs are met and proper practices followed
- Provides training, supervision, monitoring of staff as they provide personal care, medication management, and other health related services, assuring philosophy of care is practiced
- Communicates regularly with residents’ families regarding health care needs. Provides instruction and reassurance for resident and families in maintaining health and managing medical conditions
- Problem-solves with Executive Director to manage residents with challenging needs. Assists in assessing urgent problems and advises, supports and problem-solves with the Executive Director in actions to take when health concerns arise
- Sees that all resident care is properly documented, that resident records are completed in a timely manner and maintained according to company policies
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all rules and regulations pertaining to resident care. Applies new knowledge to meet the changing needs of residents
- Participates in the marketing efforts of the management team by representing the residence in a positive manner to outside agencies and participating in community social functions
- Attends and participates in required meetings and trainings. Stays Current on all OneMint and other system assigned tasks and duties
- Performs other tasks/duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Associate Degree in Nursing, or a Diploma in Nursing from an accredited nursing program. RN license must be in good standing
- Minimum of 2 years working in geriatric nursing, including experience with medication administration, delivery systems and pharmacies
- Experience with applicable state regulations and survey knowledge a plus
- One year in supervisory/management position, with experience with budgets, staff development, training and scheduling. Additional course work in management an asset
- General computer literacy and good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word. Working knowledge of office machines (copier, fax, phone system, etc.)
- Demonstrates basic computer knowledge and ability with an aptitude to learn company applications
- Ability to creatively problem-solve in both resident care and employee management
- Pass a Criminal Background and fingerprint check
- Has compassion and a special interest in working with the senior population
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays and overtime, to meet the requirements of the position
- Ability to relate positively and communicate appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteers and other employees
- Maintains clean, neat, comfortable, safe environment for residents, staff, and visitors
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Meets all mandatory health requirements by State regulations
- Ability to work independently (with minimum supervision)
- Maintains current Food Handlers Card
- Maintains a current First Aid and CPR.
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move residents. Lifting 25-50 pounds occasionally. Reaching below shoulder height frequently. Kneel; stoop and squat are required occasionally. Standing long periods of time.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.