Fuel & Lubricants (F&L) General Operative - #100047
Date: 04/19/2022 17:00 PM
City: Shelby, Iowa
Contract type: Contractor
Work schedule: Full Day
- To contribute to effective contract performance by working as a key member of the F&L team to support the implementation of company, MoD policies and strategies in order to achieve the business objectives.
- To provide and account for the Fuels and Lubricants capability on Ascension Island Base (AIB) supporting Aircraft Movements, USAF Powerhouse/Motorpool deliveries and other User Sections, including the storage, handling of Bulk Fuels and ship to shore pipeline deliveries.
- Ensure sufficient bulk fuel stocks both ground and air as well as packed stocks and gasses are held to meet AIB operational requirements.
- Carry out daily, weekly and monthly accounting of Aviation and Ground Fuels on BFIS and GFMS. Ensure that the Fuel State Board and the F&L Vehicle Sate Board is updated daily.
- The correct operation of the Bulk Fuel Installation (BFI), Petroleum Supply Depot (PSD) and Motor Transport Filling Installation (MTFI) in accordance with the referenced instructions. Assist with Ship to Shore and Cross Island fuel transfers.
- To ensure refuelling of all military and commercial aircraft transiting Ascension Island Base as well as Ground Fuel deliveries to the USAF and MTFI are all carried out in accordance with referenced instructions.
- The correct operation and the implementation of driver responsibilities for Airfield Refuelling Vehicles, Refuelling Equipment and MT Vehicles in accordance with referenced instructions.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Good standard of education in Maths and good command of written and spoken English required for UK Courses.
- Prepared to undertake the required training in the UK and on Ascension to achieve the formal training required for this post.
- Full driving licence.
- Health and Safety Knowledge (that includes an understanding of COSHH, manual handling, etc.) desirable but not essential
- Good all round communication skills with staff, managers and clients.
- Must be medically and dentally fit, CP2 Colour perception essential.
- Able to deal effectively with periods of intense activity.
- Will be well-organised, a motivated team player who is keen to learn F&L operations.
- Has a ‘can do' mature attitude, is flexible, reliable and self-motivated.
- Must be able to obtain / maintain local SC clearance for MoD (airhead)site.
Mitie will pay a salary, monthly site allowance and a bonus at the13th and 27th month. Hours of work are 47.5 per week. The contract duration is 27 months unaccompanied with 74 days leave excluding weekends. Air/sea transport for agreed holiday periods will be at Company's expense. Free accommodation, meals at mess and work clothing will be provided. Tax free status on island. Ascension Island (ASCN 1ZZ)
- Full Time
- Notice period 2 months
- Hours worked per week - 47.5 hrs
- 74 days leave excluding weekends. There will also be an entitlement to the Ascension Island Bank Holidays.
- Length of tour = 27 months
- Site allowance: 5%
- Tour bonus: 10%
- Compliance requirements - BPSS Security
Additional information for internal applicants
Please ensure that you discuss your application with your current line manager before formally applying. Please note that internal job moves are subject to the standard terms for the post being advertised. Enhanced terms cannot be honoured.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.