Packaging Laborer - 1st and 2nd Shift $15.27/hour - #100065
Savencia Cheese USA
Date: 04/19/2022 17:30 PM
City: Cedarville, Illinois
Salary: $1,527 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
This positionis responsible for packaging the product. This includes general packaging, stacking, lifting and restocking of material into equipment. This position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Level 1 – Packaging cheese, make boxes;
Level 2 – Packaging cheese, make boxes, able to run at least one line or rack washer/cheese turner;
Level 3 – Packaging cheese, make boxes, and able to run all lines or in Sanitation; assistant to Team Lead.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Make sure machines are set up and have the proper paper, drums and boxes for the product you are going to package;
- Assist in changing over materials for the line, safely and efficiently to reduce down time;
- Spot-check and remove product and packaging that does not meet our quality specifications;
- Maintaining the work flow of a group of 3 or more people;
- Stack product on pallets verifying correct pattern;
- Assembles boxes for hand packing product;
- Operate metal detection and x-ray equipment as needed;
- Help and assist coworkers when the line is down;
- Visual inspections of codes, seals, packaging during production. Alerts operator of nonconformance and makes corrections;
- Completes all paperwork required;
- Actively participates in continuous improvement process;
- Be at your workstation at your required time.
Level 2 and 3 plus above
- Able to change their machines over to the correct product;
- Able to set the video jets to the correct date;
- Able to perform routine maintenance on machines when needed;
- Able to make adjustments and basic repairs on tape machines, labelers (including refilling), box makers and conveyors, check level and fill glue pots throughout shift.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in a manufacturing environment with the following conditions:
Exposure to hot or cold climate occasionally;
Exposure to chemical occasionally;
Exposure to noise and vibration frequently;
Exposure to wet and humid conditions occasionally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties on the job, the physical demands are:
Stand – frequently;
Stoop/Bend – frequently;
Squat – occasionally;
Crawl – never;
Climb Stairs or ladders – occasionally;
Reach – chest level, above or below – occasionally;
Push - 50 lbs. frequently;
Pull - 50 lbs. frequently;
Lift/carry- 50 lbs. occasionally.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours vary depending on the shift and department. Overtime and weekend work is required at times. Vacation coverage as needed.
Required Education and Experience
- Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend English.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience working in a food manufacturing environment;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Basic mathematics and calculating tools;
- Capable of operating without direct supervision;
- Capable of following instructions.
SIGN ON BONUS
Eligible to receive a $1000.00 sign on bonus
$.80 Shift Differential for 2nd Shift
1st Day Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
Short Term Disability
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
Paid Vacation and Holidays
Perfect Attendance Program
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.