Purchasing Expediter - #100073
Date: 04/19/2022 17:30 PM
City: Cedarville, Illinois
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Who is Cleaver-Brooks …
Cleaver-Brooks is the market leader in providing fully integrated boiler and burner systems. We lead the boiler/burner industry due to our unmatched distribution network’s ability to deliver the knowledge, service, training and support that are essential to long-term performance. Our customers will tell you that we’re the only equipment provider that manufactures boilers, burners, controls, and a full array of ancillary and aftermarket products. They’ll also mention that our unique single-source capability means that we can deliver fully integrated boiler room solutions that reduce overall costs and optimize space. It is our focus on products that deliver the most efficient, reliable, safe and environmentally sustainable solutions that differentiate us in the marketplace. Cleaver-Brooks continues an 80+ year legacy of providing the customers we serve with extraordinary products designed to deliver unsurpassed performance through the power of commitment.
Job Summary ...
The Expediter is responsible to expedite incoming material delivery information for Burner Systems Group, Monroe Materials and Purchasing departments. This position will also perform clerical duties which will assist the buyer and production planning personnel.
- Maintain knowledge of the product and its usage.
- Compile and distribute Delivery Request Report for all open purchase orders.
- Expedite delivery information from the shortage reports for the Buyer, Production Planner and Operations Manager.
- Answer Representative phone calls and emails regarding order status and provide follow-up on delivery information.
- Expedite urgent order requests and perform necessary work in an effort to expedite deliveries.
- Maintain and provide accurate delivery and shipping information on the IFS system.
- Expedite past due purchase orders.
- Create purchase requisitions to support procurement when necessary.
- Perform follow up on suppliers with history of delivery issues. Exercise sound judgment based on broad knowledge of products and parts needs to ensure that customer requirements are correctly met in a timely manner.
- Provide MRP recommendation to Procurement to eliminate multiple shipments on stock orders due to part outages.
- Use Microsoft Office Suite and email software proficiently.
- Ability to handle responsibilities with effective interpersonal skills and to effectively interface with others inside and outside the Company is required.
- Must be able to work in a high paced environment where on time delivery and customer satisfaction is key.
- Normal plant, shop, or office conditions. From time to time, slightly disagreeable features. Negligible/little or no exposure to hazardous conditions.
- Supports, promotes, and performs in a manner consistent with Cleaver-Brooks values which includes following the policies, procedures, and requirements of our internal systems.
- All other duties as assigned by the leadership.
Non-Essential Functions …
Perform database clean-up as assigned.
Physical Skill and Effort ...
Work requires some manual skill. Work involves fairly light and simple types of physical exertion.
Working Conditions and Hazards ...
Normal plant, shop, field or office conditions. From time to time, slightly disagreeable features. Negligible/little or no exposure to hazardous conditions
Do You Qualify ...
High School Diploma/Associates Degree required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in purchasing or similar position desired.
- Relevant ERP system knowledge required.
Benefits of Being a Cleaver-Brooks Employee …
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, wellness benefits, life insurance, short term and long term disability, cash matching 401(k) plan, generous vacation and 11 paid holidays.
This description indicates the general nature of the tasks and responsibilities required of position given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of management to assign, direct, and control the specific duties of individuals performing this function. The Company reserves the right to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper. This description supersedes any previous descriptions for this position.
Complex Problem Solving
: Works well as a member of a group
: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
High School or better
1 year: ERP Experience
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.