Security Officer (Harrah's Metropolis, Illinois) - #100075
Date: 04/19/2022 17:30 PM
City: Metropolis, Illinois
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Security Officers are responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
1. Assure exceptional customer service to all patrons by communicating in a pleasant, friendly, and professional manner at all times.
2. Check identification to insure patrons are 21 years of age or older.
3. Provide security and protection for guests and casino property.
4. Handle all monetary transactions between the Casino Cage and gaming tables in compliance with the Illinois Gaming Board Regulations and as required by Harrahs Management.
5. Operate in accordance with established procedures, maintain a log of incidents involving guests, employees and customers of the casino.
6. Maintain visual surveillance of the Casino Cage and surrounding area.
7. Replace all boxes of gaming tables after the count has been completed for each shift. Drop boxes are to be taken to the Soft Count room and locked there for proper storage.
8. Prepare detailed reports on any security related incidents that occur in the casino area, or on land facilities.
9. Assist injured guests and employees until arrival of First Responders.
10. Be alert for suspicious persons or disturbing incidents and check for juveniles in the casino and bar areas.
11. Keep slot areas under close observation at all times to deter slot cheats and purse-snatchers.
12. React promptly to disturbances at gaming tables, bars, and any other areas where security is required.
13. Stand by in the Casino Cashier's Cage whenever any non-cage employees are in the cage.
14. Follow and observe actions of individuals suspected of illegal activities.
15. Notify the shift supervisor of any suspected illegal activity.
16. Make every attempt to keep your duties low key and confidential.
17. Always avoid idle conversation with other casino employees.
18. Perform any other duties that may be requested by the Shift Supervisor or the Security Manager.
19. Must assist patrons in answering questions and direct them to areas of safety during emergencies as instructed by management, security or senior management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
PHYSICAL - Must be able to:
1. Be mobile in all areas of the casino and land facilities.
2. Recognize and respond to emergency situations involving fire, smoke, hazardous chemicals and the like.
3. Communicate via telephone and two-way radio.
4. Communicate verbally, with the general public, hotel guests, and employees.
5. Tolerate hot/cold weather conditions.
6. Drive a van, car or truck.
7. Remain on feet for extended periods of time.
8. Climb steps repeatedly.
MENTAL - Must be able to:
1. Use basic writing skills to complete reports.
Should be a High School graduate or GED certificate. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective professional working relationship with management, staff, and co-workers; pleasant personality, team oriented and enjoys working with and assisting people.
MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENTS: 21 years of age
Must have the ability to hold an Occupational License as required by the Illinois Gaming Board
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The Company provides equal employment opportunity for all applicant and Team Members. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected characteristics, including: race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), age (as defined under applicable law), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers and other terms and conditions of employment (including training). Any concerns or complaints regarding a violation or potential violation of this policy should be brought forward using the procedure for making complaints set forth in the Anti-Harassment policy.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.