Senior Front-End / Full Stack Software Engineer | Fully Remote USA - #100088
Date: 04/19/2022 18:00 PM
City: South Jordan, Utah
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
HireVue is transforming the way companies discover, hire, and develop the best talent by combining the power of video, games, and AI for better hiring decisions.
We are relentlessly focused on developing fair and objective hiring solutions to help our customers and their candidates, and we embrace this same focus of fair and objective hiring when we hire for our own team, striving to build a diverse and inclusive culture based on a foundation of respect and inclusion.
HireVue is available worldwide in over 30 languages and has hosted more than 14 million on-demand interviews and one million assessments. Its more than 700 customers worldwide including over one-third of the Fortune 100 and leading brands such as Unilever, JP Morgan Chase, Delta Air Lines, Vodafone, Carnival Cruise Line, and Goldman Sachs.
Senior Front-End / Full Stack Software Engineer (Remote)
Location: Remote position, must reside in United States
Do you stand out from the crowd? We're looking for engineers that want to build something great with a group of incredible people. We work hard to create our industry-leading products. And we strive to make our users, customers, and, most importantly, their candidates (you!) have the best experience possible.
In addition to the standards (salary, bonus, equity), HireVue offers:
- Flexible PTO + medical + dental + vision
- Culture of collaboration + weekly team presentations + hackweeks and team events (virtually when in a pandemic)
What you will be doing:
You will be coding our cutting edge human interaction software - building the best of class Video Interview software to help companies predict post-hire performance and coach the worlds greatest teams. (i.e. Video Software and more). Depending upon your ability and interests we have many other projects like algorithmic cross-service scheduling software, audio / video integration and tuning, and future amazing projects.
As a front end and full stack engineer, you will be creating and maintaining our front end applications for candidates and interviewers, as well as our mobile apps. You will work directly with a Product Manager, Designer, QA Engineers, and other Software Engineers.
We believe that code isn't worthwhile until customers are using it. Your team will ship high quality code to production frequently. Here are some of the things you'll do to make that happen:
- Prototyping, writing tests, reviewing each other's code, and working closely with the QA engineers
- Making architectural decisions with domain experts so your team's work is scalable and easy to operate
- Monitoring how your code behaves as customers use it
Backend: Python, Django, Celery, WebRTC
Frontend: React, GraphQL, HTML, CSS
Mobile: React Native on both iOS and Android
Storage: Postgres, MongoDB, DynamoDB, S3, Elastic Search
Know it, or want to learn it, then this is the stack for you!
We want to build great, industry impacting features and have fun doing it. Our team members think the most important parts of our culture are:
- Teams work together to decide what will give our customers the most value and how to accomplish it.
- Virtual theme days, photo contests, happy hours and more. Slippers encouraged.
- We encourage you to use that flexible time off policy! (just don’t let your team down!)
- Our most important “attrivute” is “Act like an Owner”. Others are “Keep it Simple”, “Disagree and Commit”, and “Think Big”.
- We get excited about our hackweeks and try to have large team or company events at least twice a year (or virtually when in a pandemic).
We have Mountain Bikers, Road Bikers, Skiers / Boarders (dawn patrol & resort), Runners, Video Game heroes, Movie Buffs, Musicians, and every other variety of people. We have Family people, Single people, Happy people. Someone here is just waiting to be your friend!
- Fill out our very basic application form or reach out to us (apply, email, shout, call)
- We send you a link to use our awesome software and tell us more about yourself (includes a coding challenge and assessments)
- We invite you to do a Live interview using our software, so you can meet the team. You’ll learn more about us while we learn more about you.
And now, for the nitty gritty:
- Gather requirements by working with Product Managers, reviewing customer needs, asking questions and refining the requirements.
- Brainstorm, design and implement solutions. Effectively document your work for consumption by your team.
- Prototype and test designs, taking the user process, and basic feature functionality into account, as well as the features ability to perform in acceptable time measurements and to scale to many multiple users, whether that is within one customer account or throughout many customer accounts.
- Deliver production ready solutions for deployment, including an accompanying thorough test suite of unit tests and/or automated test tools.
- Deliver solutions within the timeframes needed to meet customer requirements, exercising judgment to determine what can be delivered when.
- Take feedback and learn from peers.
- Provide effective feedback, coaching, mentoring, and leadership to other team members.
- Possess a good knowledge of the languages and libraries in use, learning those that are new to you. Demonstrate good judgement in implementation and design.
- Understand and use current development and architectural patterns effectively.
- B.S. Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent experience
- 4+ years in a software engineering role
Please note that HireVue is unable to provide visa sponsorship for this position at this time.
Flexible Paid Time Off | Medical, Dental, Vision | 12 Weeks Maternity & Adoption | 401K match
Click Here for US Benefits
HireVue is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected under the law. HireVue is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Here are some of the states where HireVue is currently hiring:
AL, AZ, CA, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, LA, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, NE, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, WA, WI.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.