Lab Assistant- Molecular Biology - #100096
Date: 04/19/2022 18:00 PM
City: Valencia, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Responsible for assisting senior laboratory staff with a variety of routine laboratory procedures. Assists laboratory in processing, storage and retrieval of specimens
- Provides administrative and technical support to the lab.
- Maintains glassware for the laboratory
- washes, rinses, dries, distributes and stores glassware such as test tubes, beakers, flasks and cylinder
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of work areas including disinfecting workbenches, materials, equipment and other laboratory areas.
- Prepares and sterilizes laboratory supplies, equipment and other materials.
- Responsible for tube labeling and preparation.
- Facilitates post-analysis storage and sample banking.
- May conduct routine equipment maintenance.
- May make simple buffers for lab prep.
- May be responsible for lab area organization.
- Assists in maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Assists with supply inventory functions and general clean up of laboratory workstations.
- Participates in continuing education through self study and attendance of meetings.
- Supports safety, quality, and 6S requirements and initiatives.
- Complies with company's procedures and regulatory requirements, as applicable.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology related subject required
- 0-6 months of relevant work experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of practices and principles used in the laboratory.
- Basic knowledge of laboratory safety and infection control procedures and practices including standard precautions and hazardous chemical handling.
- Basic knowledge of general rules for safe exposure to chemical and blood borne pathogens.
- Basic knowledge of sterilization and decontamination procedures and hazardous waste management.
- Basic knowledge of laboratory equipment, instrumentation and terminology.
- Basic Computer skills.
- Ability to maintain effective reporting procedures and control workflow.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers.
Q² Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. https://www.q2labsolutions.com/careers
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, Q² Solutions' ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates Q² Solutions and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-covid-19-vaccine-status
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.