2nd Shift Welder - #100113
Date: 04/19/2022 18:00 PM
City: Owatonna, Minnesota
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
- $2,000 sign-on Bonus
- Full Health Benefits package on Day One
- 3-Day Weekends!
- 401K match available on Day One
- Growth and Advancement Potential with the Global Leader in the industry
The Welder position will weld components into high-quality products which meet customer and design specifications following standard performing processes in the robotic welding work center. Clean manufacturing environment in closed facility in non-union environment.
- Working within department safety, quality and productivity guidelines to meet or exceed Bosch operation principles.
- Setting up, troubleshooting, proofing and operating robotic weld programs to assure that product meets engineering specifications and standards while minimizing scrap/rework costs.
- Communicating effectively within the department, area leadership and with support departments to assure resources are readily available to support production schedules.
- Monitoring manufacturing methods, processes and procedures to ensure meeting departmental goals relating to efficiencies, equipment utilization and indirect time usage in order to maintain or improve cost competitiveness.
- Performing routine preventative maintenance procedures on area equipment
- Collaborating with support functions to accurately define weld processes for new products or re-direct existing products.
- Contributing to department safety, productivity, and quality goals and objectives by performing job tasks as required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years of mig welding experience required.
- Ability to pass Service Solutions welding test based on American Welding Society (AWS) Structural Welding Code Section 5.28.29A.N.S.I./A.W.S.D1.1 required.
- Ability to use basic inspection gauges and calipers.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and geometric dimensioning and tolerances.
- Ability to read and interpret AWS weld symbols.
- Basic math skills: percentage, algebra, geometry.
- Must be within a commutable distance to facility. Relocation support not offered.
- This position is for U.S. work authorized individuals only. Sponsorship for work authorization is not available.
- Certificate from technical college in welding and one year equivalent Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) preferred.
- Fabrication experience or six years GMAW fabrication experience.
Comprehensive Benefit Offering – All benefits are effective DAY 1!
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Life and Supplement Life
- Long and Short Term Disability
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- 401K – with generous company match
- In addition to 401K, additional retirement benefit 100% company paid
- Annual bonuses
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Associate Discounts on Bosch products like home appliances, power-tools, thermal products like tank-less water heaters and more
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce-EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives:
FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM (A World In Motion)Imprint
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.