Interactive Designer – Partnerships Creative - #100118
Date: 04/19/2022 18:00 PM
City: Portland, Oregon
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio and any relevant passwords
Square's Partnerships team is looking for an interactive designer to join our team for remote work. You will have prior experience working at an agency or in-house for 4+ years.
You have experience working on all things digital: web pages, email campaigns, growth marketing banners, and all aspects of go-to-market campaigns. You can take design and feedback direction, and turn it into design iterations. You are comfortable occasionally doing production design on presentation decks, email templates, and versioning out web assets.
You will be an important contributor to the full-service Square Developer and Partnerships creative team, working with a range of disciplines including copy, motion, design technology, art direction, and more. You will report to the Associate Creative Director.
- Design responsive web pages, email campaigns, growth marketing banners, and all aspects of go-to-market campaigns
- Advocate for your work and communicate ideas to your team
- Collaborate with an experienced group of writers, product marketing managers, creative technologists, and program managers
- Manage your time and quickly adapt to last-minute asks and changing timelines
- Work with the Globalization team to localize content for Square's different markets
- Be a promoter of processes by documenting efficiencies and workflows
- 4+ years experience in a design role
- A design portfolio and resume
- Excellent aesthetic and design skills
- Interactive and digital projects experience
- An interest in working with data and performance-based marketing strategies to make smart and creative deliverables
- Detailed in your execution but flexible in your approach
- You want to push a brand forward with fresh, evolving, creative ideas
- Excitement around ownership and growth
- Experience working with partnership audiences
- Video or photography experience
- Experience with UI/UX
- Animation skills
- Basic knowledge of HTML & CSS
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.