Systems Engineer - #100128
Light & Wonder
Date: 04/19/2022 18:00 PM
City: Atlantic City, New Jersey
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Light & Wonder is the global leader in cross-platform games and entertainment. The company brings together 5,000 employees from six continents to connect content between land-based and digital channels with unmatched technology and distribution. Guided by a culture that values daring teamwork and creativity, Light & Wonder builds new worlds of play, developing game experiences loved by players around the globe. The company’s OpenGaming(tm) platform powers the largest digital-gaming network in the industry. Light & Wonder is committed to the highest standards of integrity, from promoting player responsibility to implementing sustainable practices. To learn more, visit lnw.com.
As a member of the Light & Wonder Technical Operations team, the Network Engineer will be responsible for working collaboratively with others across a number of distributed data center environments. They will ensure proper function and efficiency of all production network systems and their respective supporting applications to include deployments, configurations, operations management, security, monitoring and alerting, as well as, directly troubleshooting and resolving incidents as may be required.
The Network Engineer is primarily responsible for design, implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting, monitoring and reporting of the enterprise network infrastructure, but will support and maintain other key systems as required.
- Ensure the successful and continued operation of the production network infrastructure
- Windows Domain Management.
- Virtualized Windows and Linux system (On-Premise and AWS)
- Monitoring systems (InfluxDB,Graphana,Alerta)
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair network problems according to Service Level Requirements
- Monitor and report on the network infrastructure operation on a regular basis
- Firewall planning, maintenance and reporting
- VPN configuration and maintenance
- Configuration necessary for integration of partner systems
- Gather and compile documentation as required
- Proactively address business process issues regarding networks through network architecture design, development and implementation as well as business process re-engineering
- Monitor and respond to systems outages as required by 24x7 operation –OnCall Required
- IP address management, Internal\External DNS management, public IP address space configuration
- Troubleshoot requests regarding network connectivity and performance issues including working with vendors to isolate and resolve tier 2 issues
- Maximize network performance via monitoring; troubleshoot network problems and outages, schedule upgrades via change control and maintenance windows
- Test, evaluate and propose recommendations on next practice methodologies surrounding emerging technologies that would benefit the business
- Manage dashboards used for monitoring of the production environments
- Work as a member of a project team to deliver new business systems
- Maintain security and control of all respective networking systems; Review and patch systems as required
- Participate as a member of the “Change Control Board”
- Complete status, systems utilization, and other required reports for management
- Ensure the successful backup and restoration capabilities for all network and related systems
- Recommend changes and enhancements
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Education: BA/BS degree in CS or Software Engineering or equivalent practical experience
Required Experience: 3-5 years
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience with ITIL or similar release-, incident- and change processes
- Experience of administration of a multi-server environment with strict requirements on uptime
- Experience of administration on a transactional server environment with strict requirements of security and consistency
- Experience with Palo Alto Firewall management
- Experience with FortiGate Firewall management
- F5 BIGIP Load balancer configuration experience (Not required, but a big plus )
- Require minimum CCNA level, prefer CCNP level knowledge to manage cisco switches, routers, firewalls and VPNs across multiple international and stateside locations
- Management experience with VMware, DvSwitching and V-SANS
- Experience with Cisco UCS server platform environment and management, IMC central, UCS Manager\Director, HP or Netapp Storage
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows server operating systems
- Working knowledge of fabric interconnects and 10-40GB infrastructure
- Experience configuring DMVPN, site-to-site VPN, Point-to-point, site-to-site circuit redundancy, active\active data center connectivity
- Good knowledge of Ansible
- Clear background and ability to obtain state gaming license, if required
- Highly effective oral and written communications; ability to explain complex designs and document environment
- Skilled in VMware, Windows Server 2012, Powershell, Linux (Debian, Centos)
- Experience working with or managing enterprise class storage arrays.
- Experience with storage protocols – SCSI, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, NFS, CiFS.
- AWS experience
The need the travel between data centers is required at times
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.