Production Control Planner - #100133
Precision Castparts Corp.
Date: 04/19/2022 18:00 PM
City: Valencia, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
State / County
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Primary Responsibilities The Planner I will:
- Plans production work orders based on MRP requirements and customers specifications.
- Reviews and releases work orders to production. Prepares shop floor packets for each work order.
- Plans and reschedules open orders to support changes in MRP demand and availability of capacity. Coordinates priorities with multiple departments.
- Updates and maintains status reports and lines of balance (LOB)
- Identifies shortages and follows up with the responsible buyer or planner.
- Assists with the investigation and resolution of issues related to past due shipments/work orders and material shortages.
- Participates in lean initiatives including but not limited to: TOC, 6S, VSM, Kanban, Velocity, Throughput
- Coordinates with manufacturing, purchasing, quality, engineering, program management, and other support teams to alleviate constraints to on-time delivery.
- Maintains accurate records and files.
- Takes appropriate action to release replacement work orders for defective product, damaged product, scrapped product, inventory shortages, etc and provides recovery plans with dates
- Assists other members of the planning team with expediting, status, and work order documents as assigned.
- Elevates identified issues to the next level.
Position Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. These duties and responsibilities are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- General understanding of MRP logic, scheduling logic, order policies and modifiers, bills of material, routing,, Kanban, TOC, capacity planning and product family manufacturing strategies.
- Must be a team player and have sound judgment.
- Beginning to Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast paced environment.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as, strong interpersonal skills.
- Read, write and understand the English language.
- Must be able to work assigned schedule with minimal absences.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years Material Control or related experience. Preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- MRP/ERP system knowledge.
- APICS coursework towards certification helpful.
Company Profile: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves. The company has a history of superior earnings growth and was the fourth best performing stock in the S&P 500 during the last decade, up 1580%.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this $8.4 billion publicly traded company (NYSE: PCP) employs more than 18,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.