Secretary II-High School Success - #100140
SWEET HOME SD 55
Date: 04/19/2022 18:30 PM
City: Sweet Home, Oregon
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Job Grade 108, 208 day contract, 8 hr/day
Serves as secretary to the High School Success Coordinator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship with fellow staff members, students, and the general public.
- Adheres to and enforces district, state, and federal laws, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Makes and receives telephone calls, takes messages, responds to routine questions, sets appointments or routes calls to appropriate persons.
- Maintains student/school/department records and files for building/department supervisor and related requirements.
- Distributes mail.
- Greets visitors.
- Types, prepares, compiles, distributes, files reports/records, correspondence, mailings, calendar of events, etc. related to building/department functions and supervisor needs.
- Processes attendance/payroll for staff.
- Takes/transcribes notes for correspondence.
- Orders, processes, and maintains office materials and equipment.
- Serves as secretary to the principal/director/supervisor.
- Acts as liaison between school/department and community, patrons, principal, parents, staff and students.
- Operates standard office equipment.
- Provides appropriate first aid needs.
- Distributes community/district flyers.
- If applicable, performs duties relating to students such as taking attendance and tardiness, administering medication according to policy and regulations, responding to accidents and illnesses, resolving bus scheduling problems and other issues as they arise.
- If applicable, handles cash receipts and disbursements.
Students as may be assigned to assist in workload. Responsibilities include training, planning and directing work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and
- One year in general office work or training or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrative competence in the use of computer and office machines.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, tact and diplomacy.
- Such alternative qualifications as the Board deems appropriate.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of people.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Ability to pass a typing test at 55 words per minute. Ability to operate a personal computer and related software. Ability to get along with other people. Patience in dealing with parents and small children. Ability to develop effective working relationships with students, staff and the school community. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
full job description available upon request
All school employees are subject to the vaccine rules set forth by the Oregon Health Authority in OAR 333-019-1030, which means we are requesting proof of vaccination or one of the listed exceptions. Proof of vaccination or an exception must be requested and accepted through Human Resources upon hire.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.