FP&A Director - #100148
Date: 04/19/2022 18:30 PM
City: Ashland City, Tennessee
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Company / Location Information
Water technology is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world. As a leading global water technology company, A. O. Smith Corporation (NYSE: AOS) is at the center of the trend. We are a $3 billion company with over 140 years of history and 15,000+ employees. Our emphasis is on hot water and clean water; we are one of the world’s largest manufacturers of residential and commercial water heating equipment as well as a supplier of water purification products in a number of emerging countries. With manufacturing operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China, India, and Europe, we have the reach to serve customers worldwide.
A.O. Smith is committed to continuous improvement and maintaining a culture that values and respects our employees. Recognized by The Tennessean as one of the top Nashville area Workplaces, we have programs in place to help our team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future. If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build an amazing career at A. O. Smith.
The FP & A Director will support complex financial planning, reporting, and analysis activities related to the North America Water Heater Division. As a leader on the finance team, the FP & A Director develops and communicates financial insights, measures of success, and ensures data driven decision making. This includes responsibility for regular and ad hoc financial reporting and analysis, measurement scorecards, identifying and mitigating risks to achieve the organization's short and long-term financial goals and strategic priorities.
The FP & A Director will oversee the daily, weekly, and monthly tactical finance activities as described in the specific duties section. This allows the VP of Finance to focus on strategic business unit activities.
What is great about this opportunity?
You will be working in the largest and fastest growing division of AO Smith that is focused on innovation and growth.
You will be joining a stable, but growing organization committed to strong financial performance, strategic acquisitions, global expansion and the highest ethical standards of conduct.
You will be representing a company that makes products that improve quality of life and are considered top of the line.
You will be joining a cohesive team that supports each other in accomplishing shared goals.
You will be part of a collaborative team that is focused on critical thinking, continuous improvement, driving for results, relies on sound judgement, and is sincerely customer focused.
This position is located in our Ashland City, TN NAWH Corporate Headquarters. This role is eligible for a remote work schedule of up to two days remote work per week. New employees are eligible to apply after successfully completing their initial 90 days of employment and training.
Be a strategic finance partner to the VP of Finance for the North American Water Heating division.
Oversee reporting and analysis of division actual results for division/corporate management including:
- Reporting/analysis of month/quarter/total year total division and SBU results against forecast/plan/prior year. Reports include comparative and trended P and L's and balance sheets, P and L reconciliations, performance cash flow reports and other reports as needed.
- Reporting/analysis provided to division and corporate management
- Support the company's external reporting by providing reconciliations and commentary as requested by corporate management
- Support the month end closing process, accounting policy application and standardization of accounting policies across the division
- Coordinate/review results with Accounting - Financial Services and Group Accounting as they generate much of the actual financial data for the division
- Support the external audit by providing various reports, reconciliations and commentary as requested
Coordinate the preparation of the annual financial plan (Plan) and monthly forecasts including:
- Communicate important deadlines and information requirements to the appropriate people
- Assist as necessary the development and loading of Plan and forecast data into the BPC system
- Coordinate with plant controllers and functional managers during the Plan and monthly forecast processes to ensure forecast data aligns with division and corporate objectives
- Review and analyze Plan and monthly forecast data and follow up with the appropriate functional managers to resolve any issues. Reports include comparative and trended P and L's and balance sheets, P and L reconciliations, performance cash flow reports, SG & A analyses and other reports as needed.
- Review plan and monthly forecasts with VP of Finance and other senior division management
- Provide commentary for Plan and monthly forecasts to division and Corporate management
- Coordinate the integration of any new acquisitions into the Plan and financial forecast processes
Provide financial support for key division programs such as new product development (AOSNPD), sales and operations planning (SIOP), and performance excellence program (PEP), major capital projects, product rationalization and other business unit projects
Manage a team of 3-5 managers/analysts
Focus on improving the forecasting and reporting processes to increase efficiency, accuracy and timeliness
Provide coaching and mentoring to the Financial Planning and Analysis staff
Development of appropriate financial models to align with strategic initiatives
Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Four year accounting/Finance degree is required
- Minimum of 8 years of related work experience
- Strong knowledge and skill level with PC tools and ERP systems
- Strong financial modeling skills
- High level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- MBA and/or CPA
- Experience with SAP/BPC
- Experience with international manufacturing companies and global operations
Competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs and tuition assistance. This role is eligible for a remote work schedule of up to two days remote work per week. New employees are eligible to apply after successfully completing their initial 90 days of employment and training.
ADA Disclaimer (U.S. ONLY)
In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.