Operations Manager - #100188
Date: 04/19/2022 18:30 PM
City: Lanham, Maryland
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
We are Alsco Uniforms. We’ve been working hard for our customers since 1889 when we invented the uniform and linen rental industry. Alsco Uniforms has grown into a worldwide leader serving over 350,000 customers in 13 countries. It’s our job every day to make every aspect of the customer experience better. Whatever our customers need, Alsco Uniforms finds the answers that work for them.
Our employees are the heart and soul of Alsco Uniforms. As a result, we have a long history of strong financial performance, continuous improvement, and customer service. We’re seeking driven professionals with ambition to grow within our company. We’d love to talk to you about how you can fit into our team of diverse individuals and how your hard work will be rewarded with competitive pay and benefits and ongoing career development.
Join our team and build your career with Alsco Uniforms!
The Operations Manager is responsible for overall direction of Plant Operations. This position is also referred to as Plant Superintendent. Performs other duties as required and reports to the General Manager.
Our full-time employees enjoy:
401K Plan with Company Match
Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA/HSA
Life Insurance, Disability Insurance
Vacation, Sick Time, Holidays
Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Learning & Development Opportunities
Inclusive and Diverse Team Environment
- Provides overall direction to Plant Operations and makes changes in work methods and equipment to maximize labor efficiency.
- Leads, trains and supervises the Production staff, as well as overall supervision of the Plant.
- Responsible for overseeing the purchasing of linens, garments and processing supplies.
- Consults with engineering, sales and service management to ensure the smooth operation of the plant.
- Responsible for execution of company production policies, procedures and standards.
- Responsible for setting standards in production, quality, housekeeping and safety.
- Responsible for creating and adherence to department budgets, as well as hiring, discipline and employee relations.
- Follow written and verbal instructions, attend meetings and perform other tasks as directed by supervision.
- May work with and support other branch personnel as required by supervision.
- Have a minimum of two years of business management experience in a production environment with strong supervisory and management skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop staff.
- Recognize colors, sizes and types of product. Count, add and subtract accurately.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to comprehend and follow direction, as well as good time management skills and being a team player.
- High School graduation or similar experience.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical Demands/Requirements consist of standing, sitting, walking, stooping, driving a forklift, grasping, moving equipment, pushing, pulling, moving loaded carts weighing up to 500 lbs., reading, speaking, hearing, and lifting up to 60 lbs.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Production areas of a typical industrial laundry facility which includes variations in temperature, odors, humidity, lint and dust.
- Occasionally, to visit customers or possibly to attend training meetings.
For a general description of benefits that are being offered for this position, please visit https://alsco.com/benefits/.
Alsco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.