Academic Assistant - #100206
Northern Kentucky University
Date: 04/19/2022 19:00 PM
City: Highland Heights, Kentucky
Salary: $1,601 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
This position is to support the evaluation and admission of students applying to Northern Kentucky University, College of Health and Human Services, as well as the administrative support needs associated with accelerated online programs which continue to experience dramatic growth for the college and new programs being added to the academic portfolio. This position is critical to supporting the college infrastructure to meet the academic demands accompanying this growth. This position is a vital component to making the College of Health & Human Services (CHHS) operate efficiently and effectively
- Admissions processing for academic programs in CHHS: Maintain departmental tracking spreadsheets in Excel (on shared K Drive) to determine number of applicants, progress in admission process, status of admission and compliance to departmental admission requirements. Close attention to detail, organizational skills, time management, confidentiality and the ability to prioritize are essential.
- Work closely with college admissions team to ensure all applications are processed in a timely manner and changes in admission procedures are clearly communicated to internal and external stakeholders, as well as applicants.
- Serve as a primary contact for prospective students communicating via phone and email regarding the admissions process as needed.
- Communicate and collaborate with faculty, staff and external offices (Office of Graduate Education, Office of Admission, Office of University Registrar) on a regular basis via email and phone.
- Create and maintain communication from CHHS to new applicants and admits through the admissions process.
- Work closely with CHHS advising team to provide seamless transition from admission to advising for new students.
- Assist with execution of enrollment strategic planning, to include management of wait lists.
Support other responsibilities as needed
High school diploma with a minimum of 2 years of experience required, preferably in a professional or higher education setting. Computer skills, with proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
Position requires good time management, interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to adapt to change quickly and to work with little supervision. Also, requires excellent data skills, keen attention to detail and very high accuracy rate. Application review begins immediately
Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law
It is Northern Kentucky University’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity for all persons and to take the necessary actions needed to recruit, employ, train, promote, and retain qualified faculty and staff, including members of protected groups. Discrimination against any individual based upon protected status, which is defined as age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic, or veteran status, is prohibited
Minimum Education High School Diploma Preferred Education High School Diploma Minimum Experience 2 years Salary $16.01/hour minimum Pay Grade S66
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.