Boys Track Coach - Eaglecrest High School - #100230
Cherry Creek School District
Date: 04/19/2022 19:30 PM
City: Byers, Colorado
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Athletic Director or designee.
Instructs student athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the student athlete shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline and self-confidence. Develops and promotes good community relations among various community and school clientele.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop and implement procedures for insuring open communication with parents and athletes.
2. Establish direction and expectations for all program participants.
3. Establish supervision responsibilities for practice, games, team trips, and locker rooms.
4. Develop and implement individual/team training plans by the day, week, month, year as appropriate.
5. Monitor athlete attendance/behavior/academic status.
6. Be responsible for, understand, adhere to, enforce, implement district, school and athletic policies along with CHSAA By-Laws.
7. Ability to use approved first-aid and CPR skills.
8. Understand the signs and symptoms of concussions and remove players that are exhibiting sign sand symptoms of concussions.
9. Develop and implement a sport specific emergency response plan.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
1. Ability to organize and develop a high school boys track program.
2. Substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of boys track and a willingness to examine new theories and procedures.
3. Possess or has the ability to acquire a valid Colorado Coaching Certificate.
4. Successfully pass the CHSAA Coaches Test, acquire CHSAA coaching registration and complete a concussion course per State Legislation and CHSAA By-Laws.
5. CPR & AED Certification required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
All certifications, licenses, and registrations must be valid and unexpired.
1. Has previous successful teaching, coaching and/or sport participation experience.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
1. Heavy physical lifting (50 lbs – items of various shapes and sizes).
2. Overhead lifting and squatting required on a daily basis.
3. Repetitive motion.
4. Standing, bending and kneeling.
5. Eye/hand coordination.
6. Handling, talking, hearing and near acuity required.
Last Updated: 2020/2021
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.