Construction Cost Manager - #100232
Turner & Townsend
Date: 04/19/2022 19:30 PM
City: Memphis, Tennessee
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Turner & Townsend’s vision is to expand our global footprint. The US is currently our biggest growth market, however we have opportunities across the globe. So wherever you are, if you are the right candidate, we want to hear from you.
The Cost Manager is responsible for providing full cost management and estimating services, plus assisting on project scheduling, for a range of Battery or Automotive or EV or Datacenters or office fit out construction projects. Responsibilities to include, administering and maintaining cost control systems and procedures to track budgets, commitments, expenditures and forecasts, and to prepare and assist in the review of cost estimates and schedules. In addition, the role includes leading a small team responsible for cost, schedule and project controls, assigning work, quality assuring deliverables, providing management oversight and resolving issues.
- Provide cost information to support decision and alternative selection
- Establish key information requirements with design teams to support development of estimates
- Provide cost targets for design development and target areas for improvement
- Act as the cost champion with team providing guidance on design parameters and financial spend. For the avoidance of doubt, the cost manager shall not be required to comment on the technical merit of accuracy of the designs.
- Support cost and schedule assurance review process and submit key information for review
- Provide input to the development of the contracting plan
- Identify areas for value improvement to maximize cost efficiencies
- Develop cost estimates in line with client “class” requirements
- Evaluate contractor invoices prior to submission into client payment systems for pre-approval
- Utilize information from client payment tracking systems and input to cost report and validation of spending
- Utilize client payment systems to review and approve selected contractor invoices and input to cost report (boundaries / threshold to be established )
- Evaluate and analyse fee proposals / bids and provide recommendation for decision making
- Provide forecasts and cash flow analysis
- Maintain and manage the cost report and provide regular updates on financial position
- Input to the risk register and evaluation / costing of identified risks
- Provide cost management advice to support change management process
- With final approval from a project manager, evaluate, and recommend approval, and/or rejection of cost of proposed change orders
- Evaluation of contractor claims and provide recommendation to project team
- Evaluation of contractor works completed on site and validate against schedule of works
- Lead a team responsible for cost, schedule and project controls, assigning work, quality assuring deliverables, providing management oversight and resolving issues
- Ensure team meets client expectations and assist Commission Manager in maintaining service levels and meeting commission objectives.
- 7-15 years in Automotive / Battery / Fabrication / commercial real estate experience projects.
- BSc Quantity surveying or commercial management or equivalent
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please email [email protected]. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or [email protected]. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list or that have not followed due process. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.