Scheduling Specialist-Cancer Center - #100250
Gundersen Health System
Date: 04/19/2022 19:30 PM
City: La Crosse, Wisconsin
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:32
.8 FTE (64 hours bi-weekly)
Shift: Hours vary between 7:30am - 5pm Monday through Friday.
One day off a week, based on department need.
The Scheduling Specialist provides superior customer service to both internal and external customers when scheduling patient appointments. The Scheduling Specialist plays an important role in managing provider and department schedules, and facilitating access to the services patients need while ensuring efficient operation of the department.
1. Represents Gundersen Health System's high standards for customer service through telephone interactions that reflect courteous, patient and respectful conduct and conversation, while meeting the needs of all customers encountered.
2. The Scheduling Specialist has expert knowledge of provider and department schedules, effectively coordinating appointments/procedures for patients and providing information and instruction to prepare the patient for their visit. The scheduler maximizes department efficiency, while enhancing patient satisfaction.
3. Responsible for maintaining data integrity in the pre-registration of patients, verifying and updating demographics and assessing patient insurance coverage, to drive a timely billing process. As needed, the Scheduling Specialist takes the necessary steps to ensure that additional insurance verification is completed prior to the patient's visit.
4. Actively participates in analysis of work processes and provides feedback to department managers to improve the overall scheduling/access process.
5. Demonstrates and maintains competency in computer skills related to patient registration, insurance verification and appointment scheduling.
6. Keeps skills and education current through periodic in-service on service excellence, registration and scheduling policies, and insurance guidelines and other information related to position.
7. Adheres to Gundersen Health System's mission statement, employee compact, customer service standards and all policies and procedures including, but not limited to confidentiality.
8. Views, documents, or prints from the patient's electronic health record to assist with coordination of patient care.
9. Performs other job-related responsibilities as requested.
Education and Learning:
High School Diploma or equivalency
1 year experience in an office setting requiring customer service responsibilities.
6 months Health care experience.
Age Specific Population Served:
Nonage Specific (N/A)
Category III - No employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work).
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Sitting Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Fine Manipulation Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
I f you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact HR-Recruitment@gundersenhealth.org or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.