Behavior Technician - Westminster, CA - #100280
NXTThing RPO, LLC
Date: 04/19/2022 20:00 PM
City: Westminster, California
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Make a difference in your community working with children and families effected by Autism.
Behavioral Health Works (BHW) is a place where the work you do matters and where you are valued as an employee.
BHW's starting hourly rate for Behavior Technicians is $21.
Who we are:
BHW is looking for caring, compassionate, high-energy individuals who want more than just a job. We help you build a rewarding career that makes a difference in the lives of those affected by Autism. Join a team of people who love what they do, support each other and are defining quality ABA treatment for the families we serve.
We believe in an individualized, collaborative, and family-centered care to achieve long-lasting outcomes for children with autism.
BHW is committed to providing effective and quality care to our families by following our core Clinical Values
What BHW offers:
- Starting hourly rate for Behavior Technicians of $21
- An environment where employees feel valued while doing work that impacts the children in our communities.
- Paid new hire training with additional paid learning opportunities to support your skill development and growth
- Reimbursement for mileage with paid drive time
- Earn paid time off (PTO)
- Flexible schedule with shifts between 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Part-time schedule -10 hour minimum to 30 hours per week (10 hours per week minimum)
- Paid monthly training sessions
- Company paid Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certification
- Tuition Reduction for Partnered Universities: All BHW employees are eligible to enroll in courses and take advantage of discounted tuition with all our affiliated universities. Partners include National University, California Southern University, Vanguard University, Capella University and Purdue Global
- Tablets provided
- No paperwork, everything done online!
- Flexible Spending Account option for all employees
The role: Behavior Technician
Behavior Technicians work one-on-one with children diagnosed with Autism and related disorders using ABA methods and techniques you learn during training and shadowing with your Clinical Manager. All Behavior Technicians at BHW are responsible for the following:
- Implementing Behavior Intervention Plans created by our Board Certified Behavior Analysts and Clinical Supervisors. These are detailed plans you follow when working with your client
- Teaching and modeling communication, social and daily living skills
- Encouraging your clients and helping them to reach their highest potential
- Record data on goals and progress during each session
- Enrolled in undergraduate program in psychology, education, or related field with 6 months experience with children with autism or developmental disabilities (camp counselor, church volunteer, babysitter, childcare, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in psychology, sociology, education, or related field with 6 months experience with children with autism or developmental disabilities
- Energetic people with a commitment to help children and families
- A drive to be part of an important field of care with a growing organization
- Wanting to make an impact in your community
BHW does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). All employees must complete and pass a background check and show proof of immunization._(Autism, ABA, Applied Behavioral Analysis, Entry Level, Disabilities, Therapy, Intervention, Kids, Children, Modification, Healthcare, Education, Child Development, Childcare, Community, Flexible, Psychology, Sociology, Human Development, Liberal Studies, BCBA, Board Certified Behavioral Analyst, MFT)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.