Terminal Operator - Port Manatee, FL - #100284
Ash Grove Cement Company
Date: 04/19/2022 20:00 PM
City: Palmetto, Florida
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Job ID: 396740
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across North America. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.
Performs procedures involved with loading trucks, unloading railroad cars. Assists in the maintenance of terminal equipment and grounds. Works under close supervision with standard practice procedures and guidelines. Refers all problems to supervisor for guidance.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Assures proper cement types are loaded into bulk trucks.
- Operates pneumatic and mechanical equipment for truck loading from computer console using programmed screens, keyboard and mouse.
- Assures proper cement types are unloaded from railcars into designated silos, without contamination of cement types, using pneumatic and hydraulic railcar unloading equipment.
- May operate programmable hydraulic railcar indexer, compressors, and/or a cement bagger.
- Operates power sweeper, forklift truck and front-end loader.
- Uses credit approval lists, cement inventory reports, and approved shipping instructions to determine if a customer’s request for cement can be loaded.
- Maintains shipping logs, prepares bills of lading, and calculates split-load tonnages based on a trucker’s instructions.
- Performs daily activities associated with handling inquiries and orders for customers and sales personnel as specified by Terminal Manager or Senior Terminal Operator.
- Performs general cleanup duties around loading area.
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills and understand warning labels, instructions and signs
- Demonstrated customer service skills on a regular basis
- Ability to operate the loading systems used in loading trucks and railcars
- Ability to operate sweeper and general hand tools
- Must be able to calculate loads going into trucks by using general math calculations
- Must be proficient at database input and have the ability to use a computer
- Must be technically oriented in troubleshooting and repairing basic mechanical, pneumatic and minor electrical malfunctions
- Knowledge of terminal operation policies and procedures. Skill in using terminal equipment and computerized systems
- Ability to lift heavy materials weighing up to 80 pounds. Ability to operate all terminal equipment including railcar vibrators, silos and related equipment, switch engine, and rail cars. Ability to climb silo ladders up to 50-90 feet in height (as applicable for each terminal).
- No Experience
- H.S. Diploma / GED
What CRH Offers You
Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.