Safety Manager Full Time - #100304
Valley Proteins, Inc.
Date: 04/19/2022 20:30 PM
City: Reading, Pennsylvania
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Are you a goal-oriented safety professional? Join an essential manufacturer where you will have the autonomy you deserve to add and modify safety and health programs for an organization where employees embrace a culture of safety.
We are looking for a Safety Manager to join our East Earl, PA team. This is a critical role responsible for overseeing the safety, and health programs at our division, ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local regulations, standards, codes, and company policies.
Why Safety professionals join the Valley Proteins team:
- Competitive compensation
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 annual contribution towards your healthcare savings account
- 3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
- Career growth – We will help you maintain your current certifications and obtain any new relevant certifications
- Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up into higher level roles
If you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- Minimum of 2 years of college; 3+ years of experience providing safety management or a combination that demonstrates sufficient knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically.
- Excellent computer skills (developing tables, presentations, drafting reports, etc.)
- Be able to perform confined space Training for employees to include: Entry, attendant, Supervisor, and rescue.
- Identify all risks/hazards involved in division operations and recommend/coordinate the appropriate control to limit occupational exposure.
- Coordinate with Division General Manager to establish divisional safety related goals and objectives. Report to Corporate Safety Department on any goals and objectives and seek out assistance when necessary.
- Conduct investigation and Root Cause Analysis on all division incidents as defined by the company Accident investigation policy.
- Maintain division safety plan, programs and procedures.
- Conduct any and all appropriate safety training for Plant Operations, Plant Maintenance, Vehicle Maintenance and Transportation as needed at the divisional level and maintain all appropriate training records.
- Provide 10 hour OSHA training, (If not OSHA 501 trained complete course within 1 year).
- Respond to division emergencies and safety related incidents, when possible.
- Interpret, implement and verify compliance with all applicable OSHA, DOT, FMCSA, EPA and other regulatory regulations.
- Conduct audits of entire divisional operations for compliance in accordance to all related regulations, including plant and transportation operations.
- Coordinate with District Transportation Trainer to ensure drivers remain trained in essential safety topics associated with their jobs.
- Complete and submit all reports as directed by the Corporate Safety Department.
- Coordinate with Division General Manager to ensure that any official/visitor from a regulatory agency is escorted while at the division.
- Manage division Return to Work/Work Comp. Program.
- Regularly review Division 300 and 300A for accuracy.
- Attend local and regional safety conferences, seminars and classes as necessary and remain abreast on current regulations, trends and best practices.
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To Contact This Location:
Terre Hill, PA – Tel: (717) 445-6890 Ext: 27104
693 Wide Hollow Road, East Earl, Pennsylvania 17519, USA
Date Posted: Posted 5 hours ago
Expiration date: May 19, 2022
Location: Reading, PA, USA
Job Title: Safety Manager
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.