Drive Thru Ambassador - Dyer - PT - #100308
Goodwill Industries Of Michiana Inc
Date: 04/19/2022 20:30 PM
City: Dyer, Indiana
Salary: $10 / hour
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
To provide exceptional customer service while speedily receiving, pricing, and sorting donations and to generally aid in the smooth operation of a fast-paced retail store. Position reports to Production Supervisor and/or Store Management who evaluates performance annually.
Essential Job Functions:
- Knows and understands the Goodwill Mission: Strengthen communities by empowering individuals and families through education, training and job placement.
- Attend the Donation Drive Thru:
- To represent Goodwill by offering the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Answer the door promptly as soon as the buzzer rings.
- Step outside to politely greet the donor before they get out of their vehicle.
- Unload donations for donor and handle them in a professional manner while bringing them inside and as they are set in the appropriate staging area.
- Be able to refuse unacceptable items politely.
- Keep an accurate tally of Drive Thru customers.
- Process donations efficiently by sorting, sizing, hanging, as well as accurately pricing and move merchandise directly to staging areas.
- Answer all telephone calls in a professional manner by at least the 3rd ring.
- Assist callers if possible.
- Empty Donation Box and process all donations.
- Direct all other calls to management.
- Log truck as requested by management.
- Helping customers move large items to their vehicle as needed.
- Follow the dress code at all times and wear designated identification as provided.
- Maintain Kaizen standards.
- Securities and Safety:
- Assist in maintaining safety and security of the premises and merchandise.
- Assist in seeking to control pilferage and prevent burglary.
- Assist in eliminating fire hazards and unsafe conditions.
- Assist in conducting emergency drills and instruct workers in fire prevention and safety procedures.
- Maintain a safe working and shopping environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be well groomed and personable.
- Some familiarity with current clothing, shoe styles, furniture, toys, wares, brand names, materials, prices, etc.
- Ability to read, write, and do simple math functions.
- Ability to make quick correct decisions.
- Ability to deal with the public and co-workers in a tactful manner.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must have effective communication skills.
- Ability to follow standard retail practices.
- Ability to work in a standard retail environment with significant dust.
- Ability to work in the back-room processing, light industrial area.
- Ability to work outside of retail store.
- Pallet jack
- Pallet stacker
- Forklift, must be 18 to operate with certification
- Flat cart
- Dump carts
- Poly carts
- Z racks
- Tagging gun
- Cash register
- Wooden crates
- Compactor, must be 18 to operate
- Office supplies
- Stickers and tags
- Must have good eyesight, speech, and hearing.
- Must have good physical stamina and moderate mobility as well as the ability to walk, lift, bend, stoop, reach, and work on feet for 8 hours a day.
- Ability to move filled boxes, barrels, and Z racks weighing no more than 50 pounds.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.