Community Resource Specialist - Resource Development & Transportation - #100331
Inland Regional Center
Date: 04/19/2022 20:30 PM
City: San Bernardino, California
Salary: $2,099 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Under the general supervision of the Program Manager - Resource Development and Transportation Program, responsible for the coordination of activities designed to develop new and innovative resources; works to implement effective and efficient IRC transportation processes, as assigned. Recruits new service providers and identifies service gaps in the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate area-wide program development activities in conjunction with the agency's resource development plans.
- Work with programs, staff, and community to ensure availability of appropriate range of services to agency consumers by completing unmet assessments and satisfactory surveys. Prepare reports that identify and summarizes areas of unmet needs as well as satisfactory surveys.
- Act as a resource to staff and vendors regarding the development of new resources.
- Assist vendors in the vendorization process to include reviewing and making constructive recommendations on new proposals, program descriptions, program sites, and cost statements.
- Assist in aggressively identifying and developing resources for the agency’s placement efforts.
- Act as a consultant to vendors regarding basic services, programming, and record keeping. Provide or coordinate educational opportunities or consultation for service providers to improve services.
- Participate in monthly meetings with licensing, vendors and public meetings as related to agency’s resource development.
- Maintain a current knowledge base in statute and regulations as it applies to the provision of residential services and non-residential services. Suggest appropriate modifications to agency service standards and forms, as needed.
- Attend training sessions as required.
- Provide technical assistance and excellent customer service to potential vendors during reviewing new proposals, program description, program sites and cost statements.
- Provide orientation and ongoing staff development for staff as requested.
- Provide public information and education.
- Maintain a good driving record.
- Perform different or additional work as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Nursing or related field.
- One year of experience in developmental disabilities or related field.
- Case management experience with developmental disability population is highly desirable.
- Full use of an automobile, possession of a valid California driver's license and automobile liability insurance in the minimum amount prescribed by law, or ability to provide for independent transportation.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual preferred.
The health and well-being of our employees is of utmost importance to Inland Regional Center. In addition to following CDC guidelines, our agency also takes other safety measures to help protect our employees against COVID-19 such as:
- Remote interview process
- Temporary hybrid remote and in-office work with staggered in-office work schedules
- Office equipment for temporary remote work use at home
- Virtual Meetings through Teams App
- Requiring employees to wear personal protective equipment in the workplace and practicing social distancing
- Completing a check-in questionnaire before entering the office
- Providing onsite COVID-19 testing twice a week
- Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination subject to disability/medical condition/religious belief exemptions/reasonable accommodations
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.