Yard Attendant/Steam Cleaner - #100332
Date: 04/19/2022 20:30 PM
City: Winnemucca, Nevada
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
This position is intended to be a full time position.
- Keep yard clean and the equipment well-organized.
- Take pictures of equipment, shipping and receiving.
- Follow through with gate and counter on shipping and receiving of equipment.
- Pick up parts and supplies as needed.
- Supervise truck driver unloading of equipment.
- Park machines in their proper location.
- Wash and degrease machines/parts and components.
- Ensure assigned equipment, including wash rack, is in a safe operational condition.
- Ensure steam rack and assigned equipment is maintained and functioning properly.
- Provide janitorial support to maintain a clean shop as needed.
- Change attachments.
- Maintain the yard.
- Clean, degrease and prepare equipment for service and preventative maintenance.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and safety regulations. Use all safety equipment as necessary. Report any unsafe acts or conditions.
- Make necessary repairs and adjustments to steam cleaning equipment.
- Work varying shifts and overtime as business needs rise.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Enable Cashman to achieve its objective of Safely Home. Everyone. Every Day.™ by promoting a positive safety culture and adhering to all company safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Report any unsafe acts or conditions.
- Deliver Cashman’s “Best Customer Experience” for all internal and external customers on a consistent basis.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read and understand materials commonly used in the job function.
- Equipment operation.
- Knowledge and experience in equipment cleaning and maintenance.
- Ability to become proficient at computer technology skills, including ability to utilize company authorized software.
- Basic Mechanical understanding and ability.
- Certified and skilled in forklift operations.
- Ability to safely move equipment.
- Ability to use some hand tools and special lifting tools required in steam cleaning.
- Help maintain equipment inventory in an effective manner.
- Equipment reports are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Efficiently cleans all parts and equipment utilizing safe practices to required standards.
- Achieves first-class service and rental profitability goals.
- Effectively participates as part of team, leading and assisting where appropriate and requesting assistance when needed.
- Achieves a customer focus by delivering high quality, cost effective service.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or trade school or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to read and understand materials commonly used in steam cleaning.
- Ability to communicate well both written and verbally.
- Minimum six (6) months experience around equipment.
- Prefer some heavy equipment or vehicle cleaning knowledge or exposure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Professional attitude and appearance consistent with position and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented, work with minimum supervision.
- Stand/walk 8 - 10 hours a day, and/or sit 1 - 2 hours a day.
- Occasionally/frequently lift 50 - 80 lbs.
- Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Must be able to occasionally bend, squat and climb, including the ability to ascend and descend ladders.
- Must use feet for repetitive movement when operating equipment controls.
- Must have agility and balance to safely climb on all machines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Outside environment with exposure to adverse weather conditions including heat, cold, wind, rain, dust, dirt and noise
Shop environment with exposure to heat, cold, dust, dirt, noise, steam and cleaning solutions
Work place will require usage of eye protection, rubber protective gear and hearing protection
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.