Hourly- Calibration/Tool Technician- 1st Shift - #100333
Date: 04/19/2022 20:30 PM
City: Glasgow, Kentucky
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Calibration/Tool Technician is responsible for the calibration and maintenance of all specified in-house gauging equipment; setup and maintain the schedule of all outside vendor calibration; including yearly prices quotes; use of CMM for gauge/fixture/tool verifications and incoming inspection of raw material components; verification of perishable tooling; quarterly in-house product testing a reporting per customer and product specifications; ECAP/PPAP/Capability/Gauge R&R studies per schedule; input and monthly reporting of SPC data; investigation of customer returns; and assignments or special projects per Leader/Engineer/Manager. The Calibration/Tool Technician must be able to perform all aspects of a Quality Technician, and trained to support in the Raw Materials Lab, as needed.
- Adhere to EH&S policy endorsed by the local management, comply with the legal and other requirements and operational controls established under its EHS Management System (EHSMS), work toward achieving established objectives and targets, and conform to procedures consistent with ISO and OHSAS standards. An employee should report and, if necessary, stop any activity that does not conform to the policy or may injure himself/herself.
- Understands how his/her role affects customer satisfaction and product safety.
- Follow all safety rules, at all times, using all PPE as required daily; maintain proactive attention to safety, including keeping work area clean and healthy. Always inspect all equipment prior to use and report any discrepancies immediately.
- Must perform according to the company’s values
- Follow all work instructions, both written and verbal, along with direction for the quality manager and engineer. Must be able to organize and prioritize workloads to meet necessary deadlines; give advance notice and arrangements to complete tasks in case of foreseeable absences. Responsible and trustworthy individual must have proven record of successfully and effectively working with limited supervision.
- Conduct calibration and verification of tooling and gauging, analysis of products and processes. This includes, but is not limited to, lab testing, maintenance of laboratory and gauging equipment, product testing, SPC charting, record keeping, and problem solving. Must demonstrate above average computer skills and basic knowledge of dimensional specifications per customer prints.
- Must be able to keep all laboratory/calibration equipment and quality assurance areas clean and orderly according tt he department’s 5S standards.
- High school diploma or GED Certifications
- Successful passing of pre-employment basic skills tests and Quality Calibration Analysis Test
- 2-4 years of manufacturing experience
- Quality Technician or equivalent experience
- Valid Driver's License to obtain a forklift license
- Post-secondary education is preferred
- Above average computer skills
- Basic knowledge of dimensional specifications
- Solid reading, writing and mathematics skills including decimals and fractions
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Reading and interpreting precise measuring instruments and prints
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.