Home Based Caseworker - #100354
The Youth Service Bureau of Jay County, Inc
Date: 04/19/2022 21:00 PM
City: Portland, Indiana
Salary: $14 - $16 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Youth Service Bureau of Jay County has a part-time, possibly leading to full-time, position available providing Home-based Casework services.
Applicants must possess one of the following:
- a)Bachelor’s, or Master’s degree from an accredited university.
- b)High School Degree, GED, or Associate Degree and have at least 4 years full time employment experience providing direct casework services to children & families that includes providing services to families that need assistance in the protection and care of their children
Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to use private car to transport self and others, and must be insurable. Minimum starting pay is $14 per hour. EOE.
Applicants should possess knowledge related to child abuse and neglect, child and adult development, community resources, the ability to work as a team member, and a belief in helping clients change their circumstances, not just adapt to them. Applicants should possess an understanding regarding issues that are specific and unique to adoptions such as loss, mismatched expectations and flexibility, loss of familiar surroundings, customs and traditions of the child’s culture, entitlement, gratification delaying, flexible parental roles and humor. Applicants must be open to having a flexible work schedule with frequently varying work times. EOE.
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $14.00 – $16.00 per hour
- Receive and enter referrals into the database for Home-based Casework Services.
- Complete and maintain all necessary documentation and paperwork for youth and families enrolled in program. Including Intake, Consent for Release of Confidential Information, Progress notes, Monthly Progress reports, Discharge Summaries, etc., as directed by immediate supervisor, or required by service standard.
- Full Time Staff – Minimum 26 hours of Face-to-Face in your 40-hour workweek. Part-Time (hours vary per week) – Minimum 65% Face to Face hours for total hours worked. Maintain appointments with youth and families weekly, with appointments set up one week in advance. Face-to-Face time is direct time meeting with the client to accomplish goals, in person or by telephone. Direct communication with Department of Child Services or Probation officers counts towards Face-to-Face hours if it is client specific and the contact is a minimum of 8 minutes long.
- Provide 24-hour on-call to clients and families for crisis intervention. Crisis Intervention includes, but is not limited to, crisis assessment, planning and counseling specific to the crisis. Most interventions are expected to be in the home.
- Coordinate services for youth and family in program. Including being a liaison for courts, schools, referring agency, therapist, and psychologist. Attend court hearings of clients in the programs and provide testimony, recommendations, and discharge summaries.
- Consult with Circuit Court, Probation, Department of Child Services, on a regular basis and additionally as necessitated.
- Collaborate and communicate with clients’ therapist, psychologist, and psychiatrist as necessary.
- Consult with immediate supervisor on a bi-weekly basis to discuss clients and review documentation, and receive therapeutic direction.
- Meet with Psychological Consultant a minimum of two hours per month.
- Consult with school personnel to enhance educational concerns, problems, attendance, and behaviors as applicable.
- Assist in the continued development of the home-based program in designated counties in our service region.
- Maintain and participate in the completion of necessary outcomes measures to evaluate the home-based program.
- Participate in bi-weekly Staff Meetings and In-Service Training Programs. Under no circumstances is supervision/consultation to be less than one (1) hour of supervision /consultation per 25 hours of face-to-face direct client services provided, nor occur less than every two (2) weeks.
- Participate in a minimum of 20 hours of training each year. (10 hours for part-time)
- First Aid and CPR is offered at YSB, but not required for this position.
- Increase communication with referring agents and community to promote the mission of the agencies, and to increase awareness and private/public support of the youth in the programs and the agency.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.