Financial Crimes BSA Specialist - #100361
First State Community Bank
Date: 04/19/2022 21:00 PM
City: Farmington, Missouri
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Financial Crimes BSA Specialist
Make a Positive Impact
First State Community Bank is looking for an eager and fastidious candidate to join the Financial Crimes Team. The Financial Crimes BSA Specialist will be responsible for researching and identifying instances of suspicious activity including check kiting, counterfeit and forged checks, scam related fraud, ACH fraud, wire and debit card fraud. They will also review Currency Transaction Reports for accuracy and ensure that reports are filed in a timely manner.
Responsibilities in Accordance with Our Corporate Values
- This position requires strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and organizational skill with the ability to work independently, as well as, collaboratively within a team environment
- Determine and perform the actions necessary to resolve investigations while reducing potential financial loss to the bank and the customer
- Review of applicable OFAC reports on an ongoing basis
- Maintain proficient knowledge of the respective anti-money laundering rules, regulations, policies and procedures including those for the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act and OFAC
- Review and analyze high risk transactions in order to identify possible cases of fraud or money laundering
- Assist in the filing of Suspicious Activity Reports, ensuring adequate documentation is maintained to support the decision process
What You Can Expect
- Competitive pay and benefits package - including an annual bonus program
- 401(k) with generous employer match benefit
- Helpful, qualified, and available leadership
- A caring, stable work environment
- Strong decision making skills
- Analytical and investigative abilities with attention to detail
- Minimum of two (2) years banking experience with teller experience preferred
- Knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering/U.S. Patriot Act/OFAC Regulations
Being a First Stater...
Being a First Stater means that you roll up your sleeves and dig in. It means you work hard and do your best. It means that you enjoy learning new skills and are always eager to improve. It means you help the team by being a great teammate. It means you're passionate about making a difference in the lives of our customers and our communities. It means you consistently find new ways to improve our organization.
Do you have what it takes to be a First Stater?
Make a Difference - Apply Now!
First State Bancshares, Inc, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.