Production Operator - Essentia - Lytton-1 - #100373
The Lauridsen Group
Date: 04/19/2022 21:00 PM
City: Lake View, Iowa
Salary: $2,050 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Base wages starting at $20.50/hour, plus a $3/hour shift differential when the majority of the hours worked are during the 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. shift
$1,000 Sign-On Bonus
Medical, dental, and vision eligibility first of the month following date of hire
15 days of PTO your first year, prorated based on hire date
401(k) with employer match
To assist various areas within the plant while maintaining efficient production processes according to GMP and to meet customer specifications
- Work in various areas of production workflow including all tasks and appropriate documentation of the following:
- Dumping / Grinding / Processing
- Packaging / Finishing
- Assist in ensuring fundamental food safety and quality practices are maintained to achieve food safety and quality objectives and to support ongoing improvements of food safety programs.
- Operate forklifts and /or non-motorized pallet jacks as required.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, safe and organized work environment. Perform basic maintenance and clean-up activities as follows:
- Proper storage and care of equipment used during production in accordance with the company safety guidelines and regulations.
- Regularly sweep and occasionally hose production and other areas.
- General and specific knowledge of machinery and ability to assist in preparing equipment for operation and/or tear down production operations.
- Accurately and completely abide by company good documentation procedures for recording required data and paperwork related to HACCP, GMPs, SSOPs, and SQF.
- Sustained physical effort required to move throughout work areas, climbing steps, ladders as required, and walking around equipment.
- Must be able to distinguish if food safety violations or product quality issues occur and resolve immediately or, if unable to resolve immediately, contact appropriate plant management (i.e. the Production Supervisor and/or the QC Manager).
- Knowledge and ability to:
- Learn how to operate new equipment/machinery
- Read gauges and record data in legible manner in accordance with established procedures
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Interpret and work from oral and written instructions
- Perform basic math calculations
- Legibly document data for record keeping purposes
- Implement all safety techniques and mandated sanitary rules and regulations in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Cooperate with all Essentia staff
- Remain calm and professional
- Work daily and overtime as necessary
- Assist in other work-related areas as required
- Operate all necessary plant and office equipment required to accomplish job duties
BASIC PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Approximate: 8-12-Hour Day (rotating shifts)
Physical Demand Level: Medium
Occasional: 1-33% of workday or 1-12 reps/hour
Frequent: 34-66% of workday or 13-62 reps/hour
Constant: +67% of workday or +63 reps/hour
Physical Demand Wt./Force Height Distance Frequency
Lifting, Waist to Floor 0-5 lbs. 0-50 in. NA Frequently
Lifting, Waist to Floor 6-50 lbs. 0-50 in. NA Occasionally
Lifting, Above Shoulder 0-50 lbs. 50-60 in. NA Occasionally
Carrying, Bilateral 0-5 lbs. Self-selected Up to 200 ft. Frequently
Carrying, Bilateral 6-50 lbs. Self-selected Up to 15 ft. Occasionally
Pushing/Pulling, Horizontal 0-50 lbs. of force 60 in.through Up to 200 ft. Occasionally
self-elected height Occasionally
Pushing/Pulling, Vertical 0-25 lbs. of force 6-60 in. Up to 48 in. Occasionally
Grasping Up to 55 lbs. of force NA NA Occasionally
Pinching (2-point/3-point/lateral) Up to 5/8/10 lbs. of force NA NA Occasionally
Reaching, Forward/Lateral NA 0-60 in. Up to 24 in. Frequently
Reaching, Above Shoulder NA 61-85 in. Up to 24 in. Occasionally
Sitting NA NA NA Occasionally
Standing NA NA NA Frequently
Walking NA NA Up to 200 ft. Frequently
Stair Climbing NA 8-12 ft. NA Frequently
Ladder/Equipment Climbing NA 10-13 ft. NA Occasionally
Squatting NA NA NA Occasionally
Bending NA NA NA Frequently
Stooping NA NA NA Occasionally
Twisting NA NA NA Occasionally
Physical Demand Summary: Maximum frequent waist to floor lift of 5 lbs.; Maximum occasional waist to floor lift of 50 lbs.; Maximum occasional above shoulder lift of 50 lbs.; Maximum frequent bilateral carry of 5 lbs.; Maximum occasional bilateral carry of 50 lbs.: Maximum occasional horizontal push/pull force of 50 lbs. of force; Maximum occasional vertical push/pull of 25 lbs. of force: Occasional grasping of 55 lbs. of force; Occasional 2-point/3-point/lateral pinching of 5/8/10 lbs. of force; Frequent forward/lateral reaching; Occasional above shoulder reaching; Occasional sitting; Frequent standing; Frequent walking; Frequent stair climbing; Occasional ladder/equipment climbing; Occasional squatting; Frequent bending; Occasional stooping; Occasional twisting
High School Diploma or G.E.D. certification required
Stable work history in areas such as agriculture, production, or manufacturing preferred.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.