Gate Attendant/Scale Operator - #100374
Republic Services Inc
Date: 04/19/2022 21:00 PM
City: Frankfort, Indiana
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
POSITION SUMMARY: A Gate Attendant/Scale Operator is responsible for accurately and efficiently monitoring and recording waste volumes entering the post collection site, as well as collecting appropriate usage fees from customers.
- Determine content of material entering facility to properly bill the customer.
- Accept or reject waste load based on content; suggest alternatives based on special waste, type of waste and/or local market training.
- Receive payment from customers; provide receipt to customers.
- Balance the daily receipts to ensure accurate recordkeeping and appropriate billing; deposit daily receipts into the safe depository.
- Document the waste entering the facility, utilizing truck scales and computer systems; track total amount of waste entering the facility.
- Notify operations of special waste or other incoming special loads; direct or dispatch as necessary; process required paperwork and perform other required duties, as necessary to process special loads.
- Answer the telephone and provide general information to callers.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the work area.
- Perform other job-related duties, as assigned.
- Experience in a previous position that required the handling of cash and balancing cash and/or receipts.
- Experience computers and various software programs.
- High School Diploma or GED.
Why choose Republic?
Joining Republic isn’t just about taking on a new job, it’s about making a commitment to create a more sustainable world together. Our people provide an essential service, serving and impacting customers, neighborhoods, and communities everywhere.
As a company, we are proud of our values and encourage those who share in our aspirations to join our team:
· We protect our colleagues and communities through safe practices everywhere, every day.
· We are committed to serving our customers and communities by going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
· We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by being environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable world.
· We are driven to deliver results in the right way.
· We encourage a human centered culture that honors the unique potential and dignity of every person.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.