Art Teacher - #100389
Mounds View Public Schools
Date: 04/19/2022 21:30 PM
City: Shoreview, Minnesota
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Secondary School Teaching/Art
Irondale High School
Position: Art Teacher
Work Schedule: Part- time (0.6 FTE), 186 duty days
Start Date: August 29, 2022
Pay: Steps and lanes are in accordance with the teacher labor agreement
Benefits: Medical, dental, life insurance and other benefits as outlined in teacher labor agreement
- Current MN teaching license in Art for grades K-12
- Skilled in culturally responsive teaching
- Skilled in effective communication
- Skilled at learning strategies- using multiple approaches when learning or teaching new things.
- Skilled at active listening- listening to what other people are saying and asking questions as appropriate.
- Skilled in social perceptiveness—being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react the way they do.
- Knowledge of instructional methods and training techniques including curriculum design principles, learning theory, group and individual teaching techniques, design of individual plans, and test design principles.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance, mental processes, psychological research methods, and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- Knowledge of numbers, their operations, and interrelationships including arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Communicate and collaborate with professional staff in an effort to determine and coordinate standardized curriculum and testing/ assessment designs
- e.g. design and assess student learning K-12; design scope and sequence K-12; design and coordinate within a department.
- Create, formulate, develop, and implement instructional objectives.
- Create, formulate, develop and implement instructional activities.
- Conduct classroom instruction/individual tutoring/counseling based on teacher created lesson plans, instructional units and/or individual needs:
- assess student performance to determine need for re-instruction alternated method and grades
- create a supportive learning environment by using appropriate verbal and non-verbal reinforcing techniques.
- prioritize tasks to enable the efficient use of time
- determine potentially harmful situations and take steps to avoid exposure of the student to this
- provide time for students to relearn
- On-going evaluation of student abilities/ health status to determine needs and to adapt appropriate response and to assist with educational/career/personal planning.
- Diagnose, summarize, and interpret student strengths/weaknesses/problems for reports to parents and other school personnel.
- Respond to student needs:
- may provide information and guidance to students regarding educational/ career options, resources, and preparation.
- may address personal/health concerns as presented or refer students to other professionals as appropriate
- may serve as student advocate in presenting student and professional concerns to parents/staff/administration/public
- may serve as liaison between district and community agencies serving youth.
- Build credibility with staff, students, parents,, and community by:
- relating to people from all social, economic, racial, religious, or educational backgrounds
- demonstrating professional competency through content taught and teaching methods used.
- Assess, plan, and initiate public relations activities which improve communications and perceptions by the community.
- Assess, plan, and participate in in-service training and/or develops/implements in-service for other staff.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.