Therapy Aide - #100391
Gritman Medical Center Inc.
Date: 04/19/2022 21:30 PM
City: Albion, Washington
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Under the direct supervision of the Therapy Department Director, staff Therapists, and the Senior Therapy Aide, the Therapy Aide is responsible for transporting, preparing, positioning, and in general assisting patients and Therapists in the successful completion of the treatment plan. Some daily cleaning and supply stocking is required. Some daily cleaning and supply stocking is required. Some fill in for the Front Office Staff may be required. Some week-end hours may be required.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Must hold current BLS certification.
Must hold valid drivers license, auto insurance and dependable transportation.
Provides a positive and professional representation of the organization.
Promotes culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, reporting, documentation, and prevention.
Maintains hospital standards for a clean and quiet environment.
Maintains competency and knowledge of current standards of practice, trends, and developments in related scope of job role or practice.
Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities.
Maintains compliance with organization’s policies, as well as established practices, protocols, and procedures of the position, department, and applicable professional standards.
Complies with organizational and regulatory policies for handling confidential information.
Demonstrates excellent customer service through his/her attitude and actions, consistent with the standards contained in The Gritman Way.
Neonatal, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
- Lifting: Occasional-maximum of 50 lbs. floor to chest height, 35 lbs. overhead. Frequent-maximum of 10 lbs., up to 10 x hour.
- Items Lifted-weights, CPM’s, hot packs, etc.
- Transfers: Up to Max assist of one, up to 24 times per day from supine to sit to stand. All diagnostic categories.
- Push/Pull: Moderate force for wheelchairs, manipulating and moving equipment and machines.
- Carry: Maximum of 10 lbs. for a maximum of 20 yards.
- Fine Motor: High degree required for treatment functions, computer skills and writing.
- Standing: Maximum of 1 hour at one time and 7 hours in one day.
- Sitting: Maximum of 2 hours at one time and 7 hours in one day.
- Kneeling: Maximum of 15 minutes at one time and 1.5 hours in one day.
- Stooping: Maximum of 15 minutes at one time and 1 hour in one day.
- Driving: Maximum of 20 minutes at one time and 40 minutes in one day.
- Climbing: Maximum of 5 minutes at one time and 30 minutes in one day.
- Other: Constant talking, hearing, seeing for all aspects of patient care and administrative duties.
Constant proximity to moving or mechanical parts of the exercise machines.
Occasional exposure to toxic and caustic chemicals during cleaning of equipment.
Occasional exposure to biohazardous wastes during patient care.
Occasional exposure to odors of body fluids during treatment.
Occasional exposure to explosives when working with pressurized gases.
Occasional exposure to wet or humid conditions.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.