Laborer (Construction/Landscaping) - Burlington, NC - #100395
Date: 04/19/2022 21:30 PM
City: Burlington, North Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Full-Time Laborer (Construction/Landscaping)- Burlington, NC
We are looking for someone who appreciates the outdoors and enjoys working with their hands! As part of the Valor Environmental Team, you will be responsible for installing and maintaining cutting-edge protective measures that help improve and protect the environment! An honest day’s work for a good cause! Your growth in the company is only capped by your desire to learn and perform. So if you are ready to build a meaningful career, Valor Environmental may be right for you!
Valor Environmental is the largest full-service environmental services company in the United States. Valor’s services include erosion control, land services, street sweeping, and site maintenance nationwide. Valor provides cost-effective and need-based solutions to residential, commercial, and government clients across 20 major U.S. markets. Led by industry veterans, Valor Environmental supports clients’ compliance with both external and internal standards from the first phase of a new development to the last quality control inspection.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Training Provided)
- Install and remove Silt Fence on construction sites
- Install erosion control blankets, wattles, turbidity barriers, etc.
- Work with hand tools (sledge hammer, shovels, utility knives, staple guns, backpack blowers, etc.)
- Work in a safe, efficient, manner wearing proper protective equipment at all times while working
- Present a professional, positive, and helpful attitude at all times while interacting with customers and co-workers
- Work to make sure client sites are clean and presentable
- Assures that job materials are well kept, maintained and utilized without waste
- Additional duties as assigned
- Previous construction or landscaping experience preferred
- Must be able to physically work outdoors in all types of weather
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work weekends and extended hours as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body. Be able to reach overhead. Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, walking, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time. Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks. Be able to lift 50 pounds of weight frequently throughout assigned workday. There will be regular exposure to weather conditions and there may be extended periods of walking.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with great company match
- Bi-weekly pay
- Year-Round work
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.