Procurement Specialist - #100400
Westinghouse Electric Company
Date: 04/19/2022 21:30 PM
City: Shoreview, Minnesota
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
Job Title: Senior Tactical Buyer
To strengthen our Supply Chain Management team, we are looking for experienced candidates for the position Senior Tactical Buyer for Global Sourcing. Seize this unique opportunity to take an active part in shaping our new GBS centre and grow together with the rapidly developing organization. The position will be responsible for the negotiation and issuance of global purchase orders and contracts.
Your Day to Day:
- Lead commercial sourcing negotiations for issuance of purchase orders and contracts
- Solicitation of quotations through RFQ/RFP and other methods, analyzing contract proposals, risk assessment, negotiating pricing, delivery, and T&Cs aligned to our standards for materials, equipment, components and services for assigned commodities
- Manage the sourcing process from engagement through to PO issuance and contract signature
- Conduct risk analysis of selected suppliers taking into account material costing trends and capacity constraints.
- Facilitate contract change activities (including change requests, amendments, orders, renewals, termination notices)
- Have experience with managing supplier relations, resolving issues and improving supplier performance. Negotiating resolution of scope or cost increases, net terms, supplier claims and disputes
- Maintain accurate status, documentation and metadata for each allocated contracts in the contract management system
- Execute implementation of our supply chain strategies
Required to be successful in the role:
- BA in Supply Chain, Business or similar
- Track record: minimum 3 years of experience in global sourcing
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English.
- Proficient use of SAP, Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, and PowerPoint is desirable
- Some level of knowledge of manufacturing, assembly or distribution of equipment heavy fabrication and associated suppliers is desirable.
- Very good communication & negotiation skills and ability to build relationships
- Strong analytical skills with an eye for detail
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and proactively identify and solve issues
- Experience in making decisions
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting http://www.westinghousenuclear.com
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.