State Eligibility Manager - #100416
State of Indiana
Date: 04/19/2022 22:00 PM
City: Crown Point, Indiana
Salary: $37,778 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Work for Indiana
Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50 executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse workforce offering employees stimulating and challenging projects across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana employee, you impact the well-being of Indiana’s communities every day.
At the State of Indiana, we don’t just talk about diversity and inclusion – Our goal is to create a welcoming, accessible, and equitable workplace, with a workforce that is representative of the State of Indiana population. As a proud equal opportunity employer, reasonable accommodations may be available to enable individuals with disabilities to interview and to perform the essential functions of a role.
About the Family & Social Services Administration:
The Division of Family Resources (DFR) within the Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA) is responsible for establishing eligibility for Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families benefits. The division also manages the timely and accurate delivery of SNAP and TANF benefits. DFR also provides employment and training services to some SNAP and TANF recipients. The division’s overarching focus is the support and preservation of families by emphasizing self-sufficiency and personal responsibility.
Salary: The annual minimum starting salary for this position is $37,778.
Next Level benefits at the State of Indiana are here! Be sure to review our expanded benefit package offerings below.
About the Job:
As the State Eligibility Manager, you will be responsible for directing and supervising State Eligibility Consultants, and ensuring compliance with state and federal laws, rules and regulations related to benefit programs. In this position, you will be reviewing cases for accuracy, monitoring reports for timeliness, and directing staff workflow to ensure compliance and appropriate eligibility determinations.
A Day in the Life:
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
- Ensure that policies, regulations, and operating procedures are followed by subordinate staff and conducted in a professional and ethical manner.
- Supervise and assign an equitable work distribution and to cover vacant caseloads.
- Ensure local office scheduling is compliant with timeframes that produces timeliness.
- Meet with State and Contract staff to implement strategies to maximize efficiency in eligibility processes.
- Ensure client inquiries are responded to within the provided timeframe.
- Recruit, select, onboard, and train employees to ensure role responsibilities and expectations are clearly understood while providing opportunities to continue professional development.
- Set expectations, measure progress, provide ongoing feedback, and evaluate the performance of employees. Ensure work adheres to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
What You'll Need for Success:
This person must have the following requirements to be considered for employment:
- Must have three (3) years of work experience in counseling; social services; education; public administration; or accredited college training in a related field.
- At least one (1) year of experience must be in an administrative, managerial, or supervisory capacity.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Thorough knowledge of benefit processing.
- Thorough knowledge of the state and federal rules, regulations and policies governing public assistance programs and the ability to apply them in the administration of the program.
- Thorough knowledge of established social work principles and theories.
- Specialized knowledge of the computer eligibility system and its operation.
- Working knowledge of the organization of the agency and of State and Federal agencies dealing with the programs.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, interpret, and correlate very technical material and made recommendations on implementation in current programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with supervisory staff of other organizations whose cooperation is necessary in delivering services to clients.
- Ability to use discretion in dealing with all clients, fellow employees, and subordinate staffs’ personal information.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to delegate work, set clear direction, and manage workflow.
- Ability to effectively give feedback, provide guidance or corrective action, coach, and develop employee skill-sets.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports:
This role provides direct supervision for one or more staff members
Benefits of Employment with the State of Indiana:
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees which includes:
- Three (3) medical plan options (including RX coverage) as well as vision and dental plans;
- Wellness program (offers premium discount for the medical plan and gift cards);
- Health savings account, which includes bi-weekly state contribution;
- Flexible work scheduling options, including the potential for hybrid remote work for employees whose work may be performed outside state facilities;
- Deferred compensation 457B account (similar to 401k plan) with employer match;
- Two (2) fully-funded pension plan options;
- A robust, comprehensive program of leave policies covering a variety of employee needs, including but not limited to:
- 150 hours of paid new parent leave;
- Up to 15 hours of paid community service leave;
- Combined 180 hours of paid vacation, personal, and sick leave time off;
- 12 paid holidays, 14 on election years;
- Education Reimbursement Program;
- Group life insurance;
- Referral Bonus program;
- Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral health visits;
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program;
- Free Parking for most positions;
- Free LinkedIn Learning access;
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.