Teacher Assistant (not HQ) - #100424
Johnston County Public Schools
Date: 04/19/2022 22:00 PM
City: Benson, North Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Johnston County Public Schools
Title: Teacher Assistant/Bus Driver
Qualifications: High school graduate or equivalent. Working knowledge of effective methods of dealing with children. Ability to solve minor problems and follow detailed written and oral instructions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gives group instruction as prescribed by teacher; provides individualized instruction.
- Demonstrates various instructional activities.
- Checks and corrects students’ work while in progress; keeps students on task.
- Praises and reinforces achievement of students.
- Reports student progress to teacher.
- Arranges classroom furnishings and equipment, prepares visual aids and duplicates materials.
- Reorganizes materials at the end of day.
- Serves as proctor during testing; scores students’ papers as instructed by teacher; distributes and collects instructional materials.
- Attends workshops.
Report and Records
- Checks and report attendance.
- Enters data in health record, records student behavior and files data according to regulatory requirements.
Monitoring Student Behavior
- Supervises students in the classroom and in other locations (hallway, playground, etc.).
- Creates and distributes awards for positive behavior.
- Promotes student self-esteem; teaches citizenship, social skills, and respect for others.
- Reconciles minor student conflicts.
- Participates in development of discipline and policy.
- Disciplines misbehavior through approved methods.
- Reports discipline problems to teacher or principal.
- Reports significant change or lack of change in student behavior.
- Serves as team player and role model for other employees in the organization; demonstrates a commitment to continuous quality improvement; supports and exhibits organization core values of caring, respect, integrity, responsibility, high expectations, being customer driven, and valuing diversity.
Duty to Drive a Bus/Sub Bus Driver/Bus Monitor/Sub Bus Monitor
- Serve as a Bus Driver/Sub Bus Driver/Bus Monitor/Sub Bus Monitor for a school bus or activity bus as required by principal. Shall have all qualifications prescribed by the State Board of Education and must maintain appropriate bus driver certification at all times.
- Performs other duties and accepts responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be able to communicate orally and in writing with parents, staff, and community leaders.
- Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of fingering, grasping, kneeling, sitting, walking, stooping, reaching, lifting, pushing, pulling, talking, seeing, hearing, and repetitive motion.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this position. They are not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and skills that may be required of the employees assigned to this position. This description may be revised by the supervisor, with HR review and approval, at any time.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.