Contracting Specialist - #100435
Date: 04/19/2022 22:00 PM
City: Palo Alto, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360®, Guardant360 CDx and GuardantOMNI® tests for advanced stage cancer patients. These tests fuel development of its LUNAR program, which aims to address the needs of early stage cancer patients with neoadjuvant and adjuvant treatment selection, cancer survivors with surveillance, asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer screening and individuals at a higher risk for developing cancer with early detection.
In this role, you’ll gain experience supporting cutting edge scientific and multi-million dollar collaborations in oncology diagnostics and drug development by providing contracting expertise and improving efficiencies for the Business Development (BD) team to grow Guardant Health’s biopharma business. You’ll collaborate in moving biopharma contracts from drafting to execution and play a key role leading, managing, and improving the biopharma contracting process. You will help identify and implement process improvements, working cross functionally.
- Managing a pipeline of individual biopharma contracts, including driving internal contract reviews, soliciting cross-functional input and resolving contract issues
- Liasing between Guadant’s internal stakeholders, capturing trends, and becoming the subject matter expert for Guardant’s key terms and contract positions
- Providing support in preparing BD team members ahead of negotiations
- Ensuring a smooth customer experience through the contracting process
- You will participate in cross functional teams to drive contracting process efficiencies and support contracting related quality initiatives including:
· Streamlining the internal review and input process
· Developing and maintaining contract templates
· Integration of master templates into CRM
· Documenting and standardizing best practices
- You have prior experience in contract management or project management preferably within a biopharma, CRO, diagnostics or a related life sciences environment.
- You have prior experience with legal contracting terms and processes.
- You have really strong organizational skills and a detail-oriented approach to work.
- You are a self-starter able to proactively drive initiatives to completion on time.
- You have the ability to communicate clearly and to effectively resolve process challenges and bottlenecks. You are a collaborative problem solver who develops strong relationships and works with teams to optimize processes and outcomes.
- You ideally have a basic understanding of the diagnostic regulatory environment, cancer biomarkers and genomics.
- In addition, you bring:
- BA or BS (Advanced degree, M.B.A. a plus)
- >2 years work experience in a service company
- Experience with CRM tools a plus
Covid Vaccination Policy: Starting January 7, 2022, Guardant Health will require all employees to be fully vaccinated to either (a) establish that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19; or (b) request and obtain an approved exemption from Guardant’s COVID-19 U.S. Vaccination Policy as a reasonable accommodation. An employee is considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccination. Acceptable vaccines are approved or under emergency use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and/or the World Health Organization (WHO). In addition, fully-vaccinated employees will be required to maintain their fully-vaccinated status under this Policy by obtaining, if applicable, any FDA-approved boosters.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.