Laborer Aerial Crew - #100437
Kanaan Communications, LLC
Date: 04/19/2022 22:00 PM
City: Carnegie, Pennsylvania
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Aerial Crew Laborer
This is a great opportunity to join Kanaan Communications and grow your career with us! We are looking for highly motivated individuals to work on a great team and have a real impact on the business!
Kanaan Communications, LLC provides a wide range of services to telecommunications providers including engineering services; outside plant construction (Aerial/Underground); plant maintenance; network upgrades including node splits, fiber & coax splicing, and activation/certification work. We have a specialized power supply team providing maintenance, capital improvements and on demand services.
Exciting opportunity for dedicated, hardworking and goal focused individuals! The Aerial Crew Laborer performs tasks associated with aerial CATV construction. This position will assist the lineman in the various aspects of line maintenance, repair and construction.
- Weekly Paychecks
- Competitive Rates Based on Experience
- Operate construction equipment / utilize standard telecommunications tools
- Operate hydraulic aerial lifts and ladders mounted to trucks
- Prepare and assemble various line apparatus required for particular work being performed.
- Read and interpret engineering plans
- Assist with loading of various materials onto trucks and/or trailers
- Operate chain hoists
- Operate vehicle, following all safety and traffic regulations
- Use equipment to install grounding rods and anchors
- Maintain proper inventory on vehicle based on work assignment
- Keep work areas clean and organized
- Keep detailed record of work activity
- Any and all other duties assigned by supervisor/foreman
- Must be at least 18 years old
- A valid, unrestricted driver’s license of at least 2 years
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Basic knowledge of and ability to operate various types of utility trucks and equipment in a safe manner
- Basic knowledge of and ability to hand tools and equipment in a safe manner
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, employees, etc.
- Regular and timely attendance is an essential function of this position
- Must be able to perform the above for at least 8 hours per day 5 days per week. May be required to work over-time; after hours; on weekends, for emergencies or on-call
- 6 months of experience in the utility construction industry
- Ability to read prints and interpret utility maps to identify the type and size of underground utilities
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License
- Duties outlined in this position will require the employee to stand, crouch, sit, bend, use hands and fingers to handle or feel as well as reaching with hands and arms to spaces both high and low. The employee will be standing, walking, climbing, balancing, crawling, crouching, lifting, holding or stooping while on shift.
- Ability to work while wearing safety boots, safety glasses and hardhat
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions which can include but is not limited to: extreme heat and cold temperatures; inclement weather such as wind, rain, snow, sleet and dust as well as adverse driving conditions including wet roads, icy roads, and fog
- Employees in this job classification may be exposed to dust, fumes or other airborne pathogens.
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs regularly and up to 100 LBS as needed with or without assistance
Applicants are required to pass all company drug testing, submit to a background check and adhere to all OSHA, state, city/municipality safety requirements and training provided by the company as required.
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Plans
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K) with company matching
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Holidays & Vacation (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.