Laboratory Technician - #100444
Maricopa Community Colleges
Date: 04/19/2022 22:00 PM
City: Avondale, Arizona
Salary: $1,624 - $2,111 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
$16.24 - $21.11/per hour, DOE
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm; some evenings and weekends may be required
Summer Hours: Monday - Thursday, 7am-6pm
Are you looking for a place to work where you can make a real difference in the lives of over 200,000 college students every year?
Would you like to be part of an organization that adds $7.2 billion dollars to the economy and supports nearly 100,000 jobs in the fastest growing county in the United States?
Whether you’re teaching, working, or learning Make It Happen At Maricopa County Community Colleges!
What's Currently Happening at Maricopa
- Many of our campuses have received grant awards through the National Science Foundation to improve undergraduate STEM Education: Hispanic-Serving institutions program (HSI Program).
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity and employee groups to create an environment of shared governance
- One of the largest community college systems in the country
- 2020 Healthy Arizona Worksites Program recipient
- Named 19th Best Employer for Women by Forbes
- 2019 No. 42 in Arizona’s Best Employers
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is committed to providing you with a competitive, comprehensive benefits program that provides the care you and your family need to lead healthy and productive lives. Our benefits are designed to provide support for every life stage and lifestyle in our community.
Benefits & Perks Options
- Paid observed federal holidays & additional paid time off throughout the year
- Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) & 12% Employee Contribution Match
- Paid vacation, sick, and personal time (if applicable)
- Multiple health and dental insurance coverage plans
- Teladoc: Reach a doctor 24/7
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Maricopa Perks & Gears Discount Program
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- $4,000 Annual professional development growth funding (if applicable)
- Tuition reimbursement for employee and dependents (if applicable)
- Revised summer work schedule
- Maricopa Employee Health & Wellness Program
- Employee recognition opportunities
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
Estrella Mountain Community College is hiring a Computer Laboratory Technician to work under the Learning College Philosophy where learning happens any way, any time, any place.
This position will focus on supporting students with technological literacy which includes tutoring students with Microsoft Office applications (CIS, BPC, and occasionally CSC) courses. This position will provide helpdesk support remotely and in-person, create tutorials for students and support the Computer Commons front desk with various responsibilities and daily operations.
65% - Assists students with course information (tutoring) utilizing software and hardware to complete course work. Assists students with password authentication and resets using the IDME (Identification Maricopa Enterprise) process; including locating student MEID’s, and resetting student identification information. Perform laboratory daily maintenance of software computer installations, hardware structures, and laboratory supplies. Monitor laboratory study room reservations and making tutoring appointments using Cranium Café software, by phone or in-person.
20% - Provides direction, mentoring and coaching to students and part-time computer lab assistants with learning support techniques, and customer service initiatives. Maintain “type of support” data in the Computer Commons daily. Prepare, input and monitor statistical data on student use of facilities, tutoring appointment and programs.
15% - Collaborates with campus faculty and staff to further enhance services provided to the students outside of the classroom. Other duties as assigned commensurate to grade level of the position.
Associate’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution and one (1) year of full-time equivalent laboratory experience such as maintaining equipment, facility space, supplies or other resources used for laboratory purposes in area of assignment.
High school diploma or GED and three (3) years of full-time laboratory experience such as maintaining equipment, facility space, supplies or other resources used for laboratory purposes in area of assignment.
A. Bachelor Degree and or certification experience in a computing related field.
B. Evidence of completion of CIS, BPC, or CSC courses with a minimum of an “A” average.
C. One-year experience with tutoring students in a computer lab setting
E. One-year experience with Adobe Creative Cloud programs such as Premiere or Photoshop
F. Experience working in a higher education environment computer laboratory assisting students with learning technology, skills, development, and tutoring.
G. Experience working with various spreadsheet programs (e.g., Excel, google sheets or others).
H. Experience with command-line tools such as PowerShell.
Special Working Conditions
May be required to work evenings and weekends.
Focused courses may include, but are not limited to CIS, BPC, and CSC.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume showing how the applicant meets the minimum and desired qualifications. All minimum requirements must be met at the time of the application.
Additional materials will not be accepted after the job posting has closed.
Missing materials or incomplete employment history will not be considered.
Please ensure your materials clearly provide the following information.
- Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this position.
- Indicate whether former or current employment is Full-Time or;
- Part-Time employment, to include Adjunct or Associate Professor (must include number of hours worked, contact hours or load)
- Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07 to 10/11) including job title, job duties, for each position held and name of employer for each position.
- Three professional references, preferably current and/or former supervisors. If references are not provided in resume upon application, they will be requested at time of interview.
Posting Close Date
Open until filled
First review on May 2, 2022
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, states: "No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."
The policy of the MCCCD is to provide an educational, employment, and business environment free of gender discrimination. Incidents of misconduct should be reported to the college Title IX Coordinator, as outlined in policy, contact information is available at this link Title IX Coordinators.
The Clery Act is a Federal law requiring United States Colleges and Universities to disclose information about crime on and around their campuses. Crime reporting data for each of the Maricopa Community Colleges, as required under the Clery Act, is available at this link Clery Act
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.