Life Guard - LifePlex Fitness Forum - PRN - #100447
Saint Joseph Health System
Date: 04/19/2022 22:00 PM
City: Plymouth, Indiana
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Why Saint Joseph Health System?
Saint Joseph Health System is a not-for-profit, multi-hospital health system located in North Central Indiana.
Our system includes:
- Mishawaka Medical Center: 254-bed acute-care hospital located in Mishawaka
- Plymouth Medical Center: 58-bed acute-care hospital located in Plymouth
- More than 85 providers in the Saint Joseph Physician Network located across the Saint Joseph and Marshall counties
- Community Health Centers and additional points of access
- St Paul's is a 316 suite campus for independent living, assisted living, rehabilitation, memory care, long-term nursing care and numerous senior activities located in South Bend
- Holy Cross is a 168 suite campus for rehabilitation and wellness and skilled nursing programs located in South Bend
- Trinity Tower with 84 affordable senior apartments located in downtown South Bend
- VNA Home Care is our home care agency that helps transition patients from the hospital to home and back to their regular daily activities
- Saint Joseph PACE provides care and services to seniors with chronic care needs allowing them to maintain their independence in their homes for as long as possible (transportation provided)
At Saint Joseph Health System, our values give us strength. That character guides every decision we make - even when those decisions are complicated, costly or hard. We honor our mission to care for every man, woman and child who needs us by investing in technology, people and capabilities that allow us to set the standard for quality care.
About the Job:
Provide alert, preventative lifeguard skills while supervising swimming activities in and around the aquatic center pool to ensure that policies, rules and regulations are observed and enforced and that no hazard to safety is created. Reports to Aquatics manager.
What You Will Do:
- Actively demonstrates the organization’s mission and core values and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values.
- Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information.
- Ensures a safe and supportive aquatic environment for patrons.
- Supervises the pool area and aquatic program activities.
- Supports members by answering basic aquatic questions and assisting members with appropriate use of aquaticequipment.
- Monitors pool area for safety violations and persons in distressand responds appropriately.
- Provides a clean and safe aquatic environment through proper cleaning and preventative maintenance ofaquatic equipment and pool surfaces.
- Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as directed. Provide all basic pool operations when the AQ leader is not on site.
- Sit in Lifeguard chair when on duty, or patrolling pool area, keeping watch on patrons.
- Complete appropriate forms as needed, such as daily opening and closing checklists, daily logs, incident reports and schedule changes.
- Assist the Aquatics Exercise Instructors in getting the equipment ready for class as well as cleaning up.
- Warn swimmers of improper activities or danger; enforces pool regulations and water safety policies.
- Administer first aid in the event of an emergency. Administer artificial respiration or other lifesaving techniques if necessary.
- Immediately report any emergencies to the Manager On Duty (MOD).
- Clean the pool and related facilities, and equipment of debris or dangerous articles may lead to a safety hazard to staff or patrons.
- Maintain and care for facility equipment and inform supervisor of equipment that is unsafe or that is in need of replacement or repair.
- Continue training and maintain good physical condition. Adhere to safety rules, policies and guidelines of the city and department and perform other related work as required by supervisor.
- Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as directed.
What We Are Looking For:
Education: Must have attained the minimum age requirement of 15 years.
Licensure: Must possess a valid lifeguard certificate: Red Cross Lifeguard Training, YMCA lifeguard, or Ellis and Associates Lifeguard Certification. The certification must be valid for duration of employment
Other Job Requirements:
- Have knowledge of policies, rules and regulation governing swimming pool operations and be able to communicate such to the public.
- Have the ability to maintain constant observation of an assigned area and note any sign of impending trouble that may escalate into a dangerous
- Be able to swim with proficiency and endurance for possible rescues.
- Demonstrate good judgment in evaluating, recognizing dangerous and emergency situations and take appropriate action.
- Must remain calm and efficient under stress as well as demonstrate commitment, discretion and integrity.
- Have the ability to follow oral and written instructions, supervise activities, give directions, and enforce rules and regulations.
- Have the ability to work under minimal direct supervision along with ability to supervise volunteers and support staff.
- Effectively instruct persons in the techniques of swimming and water safety.
- Ability to transport materials and supplies weighing up to 40lbs.
- See the normal visual range with or without correction.
- Hear in the normal range with or without correction.
- Work indoors and outdoors in a variety of environmental conditions including high temperatures, humidity, moisture, and distracting noises.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.