OR - Tissue Culture Assistant Manager - #100458
Monrovia Nursery Company
Date: 04/19/2022 22:30 PM
City: Dayton, Oregon
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At Monrovia we are dedicated to creating a more beautiful world by selecting and growing plants of superior quality. We know that creating a beautiful garden or landscape is about connecting to the beauty of nature. We use our hearts, minds, and hands to nurture plants for all types of landscapes. Our passion for plants, use of natural processes, and our years of experience result in plants that enable consumers to achieve a landscape of exceptional beauty and share in the joy that comes from creating healthy living spaces.
About the Role
The primary function of the role is to propagate plants utilizing tissue culture. Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed, with reasonable accommodations, to support the Monrovia Nursery organization.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll assist in developing and improving in-vitro culture protocol, as directed by Tissue Culture Manager and propagation Manager.
- You’ll work closely with Tissue Culture Transplanting Manager to improve plant survival rate within the greenhouse environment.
- You’ll assist in develop standard workflow for Tissue Culture Production.
- You’ll assist Tissue Culture Manager as needed.
Who You Are
- You are independent research with minimal supervision and a good team player on larger projects.
- You are able to keep accurate and detailed records of all research projects.
- You have strong computer skills are required, primarily with MS Office proficiency.
- Ideally, you will be bilingual (English and Spanish) and have proficient verbal and written skills in both languages.
- You will have a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Ability to promote strong relationships with vendors, industry groups, and community to promote the Monrovia Brand and establish a solid industry network.
- Ideally, you will have a M.S (Master’s in Science) desired and/or B.S (Bachelors of Science) minimum, with 2+ years working experience in horticulture or related field.
How to Apply
- You may apply on-line.
- Walk ins are welcome.
Benefits at Monrovia
- You’ll be paid as salary, exempt.
- You’ll be eligible for cell reimbursement up to $65.
- You’ll earn paid vacation and sick time.
- When you participate in our 401(k) plan, you’ll get a company match of up to 4%.
- You will be eligible to participate in medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- You’ll be able to purchase Monrovia plants for your own garden at 20% off wholesale prices.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.