HR Generalist - #100464
Date: 04/19/2022 22:30 PM
City: Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Upper Marlboro, MD
Human Resources provides leadership in shaping an equitable and inclusive culture that drives diversity, excellence, and innovation by supporting talent, engagement, and the culture of the organization.
The HR Generalist partners with Capital Electric to be the employer of choice in the Mid-Atlantic Region. This role plays a vital part in recruiting for our logistics teams to keep our business fully operational. They contribute to the success of our company by supporting people strategy initiatives, and they guide and administer HR services, policies, and programs to ensure an exceptional manager-associate experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the hiring managers and staff to be aligned with current and applicable job descriptions and job profiles that reflect consistent job requirements and qualifications of each position.
- Lead recruitment efforts focusing on operation roles such as warehouse and drivers. Responsible to review resumes, conduct phone screens and schedule interviews.
- Work with staffing agencies to ensure temporary staffing or temp-to-hire opportunities are fulfilled.
- Manage all aspects of the Applicant Tracking System.
- Onboarding of new associates.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, increase productivity, build morale, and retain our best talent.
- Internal communications.
- Help ensure that locations are compliant with federal, state, and local regulations when implementing the application of HR practices.
- Safety compliance.
- Other duties as required.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human resources or Business-related field.
- HR Generalist experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams).
We offer excellent training, career advancement opportunities, and a competitive compensation package to include vacation time, personal time, full health benefits, 401(k) and more. Capital Electric is an EEO Employer.
CapitalTristate, Eck Supply, and select Vallen locations have merged to become Capital Electric.
Capital Electric is The Electrical Distributor of Choice in the Mid-Atlantic region and a proud member of the Sonepar family. Capital Electric delivers excellence in service, products from the finest lighting and electrical manufacturers, extensive application expertise, and customized, comprehensive solutions to our customers. Altogether, we serve customers in the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia from over 70 locations and from our central distribution center and company headquarters in Upper Marlboro, MD.
Capital Electric is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar USA is a market leader in the B-to-B distribution of electrical, industrial & safety products and related solutions.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.