Warehouse Day Leadperson - #100498
Date: 04/19/2022 23:00 PM
City: Patten, Maine
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
As a leader in high-performance building solutions, LP Building Solutions manufactures engineered wood building products that meet the demands of builders worldwide. Its extensive offerings include innovative and dependable building products and accessories, such as the LP Structural Solutions portfolio (LP WeatherLogic® Air & Water Barrier, LP Legacy® Premium Sub-Flooring, LP® TechShield® Radiant Barrier, LP® FlameBlock® Fire-Rated Sheathing and more), oriented strand board (OSB), LP® TopNotch® Sub-Flooring, LP® SmartSide® Trim & Siding, LP® Outdoor Building Solutions®, and LP Elements® Performance Fencing.
In addition to product solutions, LP provides industry-leading service and warranties. Since its founding in 1973, LP has been Building a Better World™ by helping customers construct beautiful, durable homes. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, LP operates 26 plants across the U.S., Canada, Chile and Brazil
LP’s values-driven, positive culture creates an environment where talented and hardworking people thrive in a safe, ethical, fun, challenging and rewarding place to work. For more than 40 years, we’ve developed careers and provided advancement opportunities in the building products industry
To manage the day to day warehouse & shipping operations and be the conduit between the leads on the two rotating crews. To monitor quality of finished product in the warehouse, remove bundles from warehouse and load onto rail cars or trucks, unload bulk goods and maintain organized inventory following established procedures.
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
- Consistently demonstrate safety is the highest priority and perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
- Inspects board to determine whether it meets specifications (bundle appearance).
- Uses motorized material handling equipment, moves bundles from warehouse and safely loads finished product onto rail cars or trucks a in neat orderly manner.
- Uses motorized material handling equipment to unload vans or flatbeds with incoming freight.
- Conducts routine inventories of all board sizes and completes appropriate paperwork accurately.
- Ability to manage computer tracking and logistics systems
- Assumes responsibility for operation of equipment.
- Perform other duties as necessary
What do I need to be successful?
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Time management skills
- Ability to read and understand safety rules and regulations and recognize safety hazards (OSHA 1910).
- Excellent housekeeping practices
- Ability to safely operate forklift
- Knowledge of safe propane handling
- Knowledge of product appearance manual
- Self motivated and results oriented
- Ability to use hand tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team Player
- Ability to order departmental supplies using computer software
- High level of energy
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in equipment operation.
- Or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- Plant environment.
LP offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including health and welfare benefits, 401(k) program, career mobility, tuition reimbursement, volunteer opportunities, profit sharing and more.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.