Head IATA / FAA Command Center - #100504
International Air Transport Association (IATA)
Date: 04/19/2022 23:00 PM
City: Warrenton, Virginia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Employment Type: Permanent
Contract Duration: N/A
About the team you are joining
Reporting to the Regional Director of Operations, Safety & Security (OSS) The Americas, this position oversees the IATA Command Center Desk Operations and liaises between airline flight control offices and the FAA ATC System Command Center (ATCSCC). The position is located at the FAA ATCSCC in Warrenton, Virginia and coordinates directly with the Air Traffic Organization (ATO) lines of business on behalf of IATA and in partnership with A4A (Airlines for America). This position serves as an airline operations adviser to the FAA ATCSCC leadership and participates in airspace modernization and efficiency initiatives, such as NEXTGEN and New York airspace improvements.
What your day would be like
- Represents IATA and promotes its technical policies with FAA, Department of Defense, and Airport Authorities responsible for the planning, implementation and operation of air navigation and airport facilities and services in the United States.
- Develops activities aimed at implementation of infrastructure improvements essential for enhancement of air safety in the region.
- Lobbies for timely and appropriate development and maintenance of the U.S. infrastructure.
- Coordinates airline input to the technical developments in the U.S. recognizing the strategic importance of such developments and their influence on global standards.
- Responds to tactical problems arising in daily operations in the region.
- Provides operational and tactical information to member airlines on disruptions; co-ordinates contingency measures, advises members on available courses of action and monitors progress.
- Coordinates operational activities with ANSP providers in Canada, Colombia, and Brazil.
- Works with other IATA Liaison Desks (China & Europe) to ensure there is alignment and coordination between teams on the daily tactical and operational issues that arise and could affect the safety and efficiency of flights.
- Supervises IATA personnel at the Command Center. Employee’s activities to include but not limited to setting work schedules, training, and performance evaluations
- Ensures IATA’s Tactical Operations Portal (ITOP) subscription increases by 5% over prior year.
We would love to hear from you if
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, air traffic control, flight operations or any relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the aviation industry preferably in the fields of air traffic control or airline ATM or flight operations.
- Recent experience in an airline operations role would be considered advantageous.
- Strong communications skills, able to speak in public to large audiences of professionals in the aviation industry.
- Ability to deal with member airlines at a technical, safety, and operational level with a positive approach to problem solving.
- High degree of self – motivation and flexibility, confident and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Proven teamwork and initiative skills.
- Fluent spoken and written English; proficiency in report writing.
- Capable of clear expression both written and verbal with tact and diplomacy.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
Travel Required: Y
Diversity and Inclusion are one of our key priorities and we want to role model it. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills in which you can contribute at your best and be who you are. The more inclusive we are, the better we will be able to thrive to represent, lead and service the airline industry. If there is anything we can do to create a more comfortable interview experience for you, please let us know.
Learn more about IATA’s role in the industry, our benefits, and the team at iata/careers/. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.