English Teacher - Wilson Memorial High School - 2022-2023 - #100513
Augusta County Public Schools
Date: 04/19/2022 23:00 PM
City: Verona, Virginia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Anticipated Opening - Wilson Memorial High School - 2022-2023
Job Title: English Teacher
Reports To: Principal
FLSA Status: Exempt
2021-2022 Pay Scales: https://core-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/asset/uploaded_file/1402886/2021-2022_Salary_Scales_Complete.pdf
Teaches one or more subjects to students in secondary schools by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reliable attendance and prompt arrival time;
- Instructs students by lecturing, demonstrating, and using audiovisual aids and other materials to supplement presentations;
- Prepares course objectives and outline for course of study following curriculum guidelines or requirements of state and school;
- Assigns lessons and corrects homework;
- Administers tests to evaluate pupil progress, record results, and issue reports to inform parents of progress;
- Keeps attendance records;
- Maintains discipline in classroom;
- Meets with parents to discuss student progress and problems;
- Participates in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops;
- Performs related duties such as sponsoring one or more activities or student organizations, assisting pupils in selecting course of study, and counseling student in adjustment and academic problems;
- Complies with school and school board policies and regulations;
- Demonstrates professional growth;
- Prompt and accurate with required records and reports;
- Uses instructional and planning time effectively;
- Assumes responsibility for care of materials, equipment, and facilities;
- Assumes responsibility for a neat, safe environment for students committed to his/her care;
- Demonstrates knowledge of the subject being taught;
- Uses out-of-class assignments, when appropriate, to support the instructional objectives;
- Differentiate instruction to provide various learning experiences so all students can succeed;
- Assist with after school events as needed;
- Supervise students during class change, lunch duty and after school events;
- Other duties assigned by Principal.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Valid certification to meet State requirements with specific endorsement in the area in which assigned.
Applicant must have good health and no disqualifying physical or emotional handicaps. Evidence of fitness to teach from the standpoint of health may be required from a qualified physician.
Applicant who has had teaching experience must have an acceptable rating for such teaching
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year accredited College or university
Considered Highly Qualified, possess an active Virginia Teaching License with appropriate endorsement in the area(s) for which they are teaching.
Demonstrates command of Standard English, both spoken and written
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals. Ability to write reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of teachers, parents, students, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with School Board policy and administrative regulations on evaluation of personnel.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.