Director Product Owner (REMOTE) - #100515
Date: 04/19/2022 23:00 PM
City: Alpharetta, Georgia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Director Product Owner will lead and deliver next-generation Ryder products and services. This role is a critical component to Ryder's complex software ecosystem in charge of championing the users and customers of the business as it executes the overall vision, strategy, and roadmap. The Product Owner will effectively provide leadership for a multi-disciplinary yet cross functional agile team consisting of developers, quality assurance managers, architects and subject matter experts to discover and deliver innovative products that are valuable, reputable, and practical for Ryder's users and customers. With an in-depth understanding of Agile and Deep Thinking methodologies, the Product Owner is essential to leading impactful experiences to market as efficiently as possible for clients. Additionally, the Product Owner will be an expert in Design Thinking, bringing to bear a human-centered approach for discovering unmet opportunities through customer-centric techniques. Combining strategic, high-level thinking with hands-on in-the-trenches tactics, this role requires a change agent with relentless curiosity about what is coming next in the world of supply chain innovation. The Product Owner will own the product from concept to launch and beyond, and must thrive within a lean-matrixed, entrepreneurial environment. Success requires exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills, along with an ability to solve problems collaboratively and dynamically on the fly.
- Develop, Launch & Support New Products Across Ryder. The Product Owner will orchestrate the launch of products and subsequent releases of new features or capabilities for Ryder’s business units. They will collaborate across functions and business units to successfully growth revenues and deliver value to both users and customers.
- Wide Knowledge of Ryder Users and Customers. The Product Owner will be an expert on the customer and user: their issues, pains, desires, how they think, how they work, and how they decide to interact with Ryder products. They will translate these needs into user stories and product deliverables to ensure a positive customer & user-centric experience.
- Broad Knowledge of Data. The Product Owner will be a specialist of data integration and analytics, bringing the required qualitative (to understand why they are doing) and quantitative (to analyze data to surface meaningful insights) skills.
- Deep Knowledge of the Logistics Market and Industry. The Product Owner will not only understand the industry in which Ryder is competing, but also the key trends and disruptors in supply chain technology, customer behaviors and expectations.
- Knowledge of the Ryder Business. The Product Owner will be an expert in the Ryder business, understanding the complexity of the supply chain world and the role that advanced products play within the Ryder ecosystem.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to lead Design Thinking activities to identify opportunities and define product strategies, including conducting competitive market analysis, customer research, capability and dependency analysis, defining objectives, and outlining key results
- Ability to evaluate, prioritize, and determine what product experiences is built, identifying the core user stories that will deliver optimal learning, and establish a shared understanding for all stakeholders involved
- Ability to partner with product design colleagues to design impactful user experiences based on the target user stories, features, and specifications, while leveraging interactive prototypes and lean practices
- Ability to partner with data colleagues to identify the role that data, cloud, and intelligence play in the digital product, defining tactical opportunities to build into product roadmap
- Ability to partner with technology teams to identify the platform and cloud capabilities required to support the product innovation, working closely with technology throughout the build, test, and release of the product
- Ability to tell compelling stories that deliver insights about people and behavior both verbally and visually, in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement
- Ability to analyze and help develop competitive and profitable pricing strategies Demonstrated skills in organizational group process, problem identification and resolution at both strategic and functional levels Strong planning, time management, collaboration, decision making, organization and presentation skills Proficiency in Agile Design Thinking methodology, with a focus on managing solution driven strategy plans to achieve goals Ability to articulate issues, present "pros and cons" and provide solutions to next supervisory level
- Bachelor's degree required in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Computer Science or equivalent
- Master's degree preferred MBA, Supply Chain, Computer Science or equivalent
- Eight (8) years or more experience in product management, digital transformation, solution design, business planning, strategy development, competitive analysis and financial analysis. required
- Ten (10) years or more experience in logistics, operations, engineering, agile development or solution development. Demonstrated experience in new product development preferred. Familiarity with global business practices affecting the supply chain. Experience with, or ability to understand, commercial implications of solutions proposed, potential areas of risk and methods to limit liability. Experienced in financial business case analysis to help support targeted return on investment. Demonstrated success in assessing, developing and deploying new offerings or incremental enhancements. preferred
DOT Regulated: None
Our people are passionate about what they do, the product they sell, and the customers they serve. If you're looking for an opportunity to be an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we're the right company for you.
Job Category: Product Development
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.