Patient Care Technician Nursing Assistant - #100520
Allina Health System
Date: 04/19/2022 23:00 PM
City: Buffalo, Minnesota
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Shift: Day/Night (United States of America)
Job Profile Summary: Under direct supervision of a Registered Nurse or Physician, the Patient Care Technician provides basic direct and indirect patient care. This includes taking and documenting vital signs, answering call lights, assisting patients with activities such as daily living and transfers and other clerical duties
- Observes, collects and documents health status data as assigned
- Completes measurements according to critical elements of policy/procedures, which may include: temperatures, radial pulses, blood pressures, respirations, weights, intake and output.
- Reports immediately to the RN observations/health status data that are not within normal limits for the patient or are significantly changed.
- Assist patients with activities of daily living (ADL) which could include toileting, bathing, dressing, eating ect. with direction from the Registered Nurse.
- Documents according to documentation guidelines.
- Performs personal care/interventions as assigned
- Assist patients, family members and visitors with way finding on the unit and throughout the facility.
- Completes interventions according to identified critical elements of each procedure.
- Answers patient call lights promptly for both assigned and other patients.
- Assists patient with grooming and hygiene needs, maintains skin integrity, personal comfort and population specific needs of the patient.
- Completes admission/discharge/transfer functions per system workflow.
- May assist with patient transfer or movement.
- Performs clerical duties and assists with patient registration
- Performs accurate and timely processing of physician orders.
- Thoroughly document relevant patient information (or care) to assure accurate billing.
- Transport medication from the tube system on the unit to secure location in accordance with facility standards.
- Clarifies, communicates, prioritizes, and transcribes written orders per Electronic Medical Record system workflow.
- May order, validate and store supplies and patient education materials.
- May need to print Release of Information (ROI) packet for discharge to nursing home or other facilities.
- Review and explain authorization forms with patient and obtain signatures if applicable.
- Direct patients to point of care.
- Schedules procedures/appointments as needed.
- May need to room patients.
- Contributes to an environment that is safe for patients, visitors and employees
- Protects patient, self and others from injury during transfers, lifts and transports by using proper equipment and body mechanics.
- Reports environmental risks or equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
- Uses equipment following policies, procedures and manufacturer directions or standards.
- Participates in quality improvement activities to evaluate and improve patient care.
- May handle hazardous waste (identifies, segregates, and disposes of hazardous waste; ensures container integrity; knows emergency response procedures to spills, fires, and evacuation procedures).
- Other Duties may be applicable per unit needs
- May need to help with facilitating the monitoring of telemetry.
- May assist with, specimen collection, casting, splint application, decontamination, restraint application, pelvic exams, spinal immobilization, two person urinary catheter insertion.
- May need to assist with code teams and respond to codes hospital wide.
- Maintain proper infection control standards.
- May need to assist with the cleaning of designated items, equipment and rooms in the department which may also include instrument handling, set up of sterile delivery tray.
- May need to assist with submitting birth information to MN Department of Health.
- Follows downtime drill procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School or GED required
- Associate's or Vocational degree one to two years post secondary education in a health related field preferred
- One (1) year of nursing assistant experience or current on the MN Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) registry or completion of one clinical rotation in nursing program required or
- Less than 2 years of previous Health Unit Coordinator experience or have completed vocational or internal training program or equivalent and related experience required
- Certified Nursing Assistant - MN Nursing Assistant Registry required or completion of one clinical rotation in nursing program or one year of nursing assistant experience or
- Licensed Emergecy Medical Tech (EMT) - MN Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Allina Health required within 30 Days
- Health Unit Coordinator Certification preferred
- Medical Terminology preferred
- See the Big Picture: Know where we are going as an organization. Use sound judgement and critical thinking to make good decisions that support our mission
- I know where Allina is going and how my role fits into this picture
- I capture important lessons and share them to foster innovation
- I am good at anticipating the implications of my decisions
- I understand and apply the disciplines of continuous improvement
- Inspire Greatness: Inspire others by connecting their purpose to the broader mission. Lead others through change and celebrate success
- I help my team connect to the broader mission
- I see and fulfill my role in motivating the team around me
- I celebrate success and help my partners see what is possible with change
- I call out and address unexpected roadblocks or problems
- Foster Learning and Growth: Role model growth, ongoing development and self-care. Empower, coach and encourage others to be at their best selves
- I role-model self-care and ongoing development
- I share my knowledge and coach others to foster growth and success
- I demonstrate enthusiasm for learning
- I candidly advocate for the resources I need
- I support my colleagues in their development and growth
- Deliver Excellence: Set and align clear goals, measure results, and continually improve safety, quality, experience, and innovation
- I take ownership of outcomes and fulfillment of goals
- I facilitate adjustments to assure positive results
- I work with a sense of urgency, concern and determination
- I use well-grounded approaches to create sustainable solutions repeatedly
- I engage and foster improvements to impact safety, quality, and efficiency
- Succeed Together: Connect with others authentically. Recognize the value of each individual and seek diverse points of view. Collaborate to succeed together
- I consider how decisions might impact my colleagues
- I am generous in my commitment to supporting the needs of my partners
- I respect others’ opinions, praise good work and encourage all team members to be involved
- I seek common ground and work to create mutually beneficial outcomes
- Analytical Thinking: Practices investigative techniques to determine the best approach.
- Communication Skills: Advanced communication skills involving complicated topics.
- Problem Solving: Uses common sense to solve routine issues.
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently
Additional Job Description:
12 hour rotating position
This position is eligible for a shift differential
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.